Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many positions do you think we're set at?

Default How many positions do you think we're set at?

I don't mean just for 2010. I mean, assuming we stay pat for the rest of this offseason (and assuming no freak injuries), what positions can we rest easy about for the next few years?

I think we're set at:

RB (Charles/Jones should be a great 1-2 punch)
    FB (Cox is fine)
    2WR (Bowe/Chambers both count, and both will be fine for the next 2-3 years, but we need a legitimate 1WR)
    LOLB (Hali is great)
    LDE (Jackson should keep maturing)
    RDE (ditto for Dorsey)
    FS (Berry, obviously)
    LCB (Flowers is a top-10 CB)

I think Albert is a keeper, but who knows if he's the long-term solution at LT. Cassel may be a long-term solution, but I wouldn't be my life on that. Page eems to be on his way out, Weigman is a one-year stop-gap, Carr is probably getting replaces, and I just don't trust Lilja. Our draft picks (other than Berry) probably will be aorund a while, but it's hard to judge exactly the positions they'll play or how good they'll be until camp.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Not even Berry at FS? I mean, he's more certain than Asamoah at least.
    I didn't mean to leave him out. Yes, Berry would be there however, I do know know where they intend to play him. What if they try him at corner?

Is he for sure the FS or SS?

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I didn't mean to leave him out. Yes, Berry would be there however, I do know know where they intend to play him. What if they try him at corner?

Is he for sure the FS or SS?
    I think there's a 0% chance he starts at corner, although he could conceiveably e moved there in some dime packages. My guess is FS, although there isn't that much difference between FS and SS in Crennel's defense.

Both kickers
    rb with charles longterm jones short term
    wr bowe hopefuly long term
    cb with flowers
    Fs berry
    I think most can agree on these.

I also think we are good at QB for a while. I no there are some that are not sure on cassle yet but he showed me something last season. He was on a bad team and he never quit and did not have a horrible season. If you give him half the drops back his numbers would have been much better. So i think we are good at qb as well

I believe were absolutely set on Special Teams and now have one of the best special teams units in the league.
    Punter: Colquitt
    Kicker: Succup
    KR/PR: McCluster/Javi
    Special Teamer: Jon McGraw

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    I believe were absolutely set on Special Teams and now have one of the best special teams units in the league.
    Punter: Colquitt
    Kicker: Succup
    KR/PR: McCluster/Javi
    Special Teamer: Jon McGraw
    Our special teams was the strongest part of the team last season. Outside of Josh Cribbs they were pretty solid in covering returns and our kicking game was the best it had been in years. Hopefuly thats something that can continue this upcomeing season.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    If things don't improve. I think he will be replaced. He was thrown at often and sucessfully last year. He is a question mark for me.
    he is no flowers, but he is a starting corner in this league...he was constantly left on an island...he will improve with a better pass rush and better safety support

RB - Charles, Jones for now.
    WR2 - Bowe/Chambers both very solid WR2, but I agree a legit WR1 down the line would be nice.
    WR3 - McCluster hopefully.
    LG - Lilja eventually.
    RG - Asamoah eventually.
    ROLB - Hali
    CB1 - Flowers
    SS? - Berry (I assume Berry's long term position is in fact SS since we drafted Lewis).
    K - Succop
    P - Colquitt
    KR/PR - Arenas

Albert has a position somewhere. I'm sure Jackson is a mainstay, but I want to see him play better.

Quote Originally Posted by whatwasthat? View Post
    he is no flowers, but he is a starting corner in this league...he was constantly left on an island...he will improve with a better pass rush and better safety support
    But that's the point, on his own he did pretty bad last season. Maybe with maturity and proper coaching he can carry himself on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Our special teams was the strongest part of the team last season. Outside of Josh Cribbs they were pretty solid in covering returns and our kicking game was the best it had been in years. Hopefuly thats something that can continue this upcomeing season.
    But our KR/PR teams were horrible. We were something like 25th and 27th in KR avg and PR avg. Hopefully with the new return men we got and some more talented depth (remember the blockers on special teams are made up of all the 2nd string guys) we should have a great special teams unit.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    I don't mean just for 2010. I mean, assuming we stay pat for the rest of this offseason (and assuming no freak injuries), what positions can we rest easy about for the next few years?

I think we're set at:

RB (Charles/Jones should be a great 1-2 punch)
    FB (Cox is fine)
    2WR (Bowe/Chambers both count, and both will be fine for the next 2-3 years, but we need a legitimate 1WR)
    LOLB (Hali is great)
    LDE (Jackson should keep maturing)
    RDE (ditto for Dorsey)
    FS (Berry, obviously)
    LCB (Flowers is a top-10 CB)

I think Albert is a keeper, but who knows if he's the long-term solution at LT. Cassel may be a long-term solution, but I wouldn't be my life on that. Page eems to be on his way out, Weigman is a one-year stop-gap, Carr is probably getting replaces, and I just don't trust Lilja. Our draft picks (other than Berry) probably will be aorund a while, but it's hard to judge exactly the positions they'll play or how good they'll be until camp.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast