Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many positions do you think we're set at?

Default How many positions do you think we're set at?

I don't mean just for 2010. I mean, assuming we stay pat for the rest of this offseason (and assuming no freak injuries), what positions can we rest easy about for the next few years?

I think we're set at:

RB (Charles/Jones should be a great 1-2 punch)
    FB (Cox is fine)
    2WR (Bowe/Chambers both count, and both will be fine for the next 2-3 years, but we need a legitimate 1WR)
    LOLB (Hali is great)
    LDE (Jackson should keep maturing)
    RDE (ditto for Dorsey)
    FS (Berry, obviously)
    LCB (Flowers is a top-10 CB)

I think Albert is a keeper, but who knows if he's the long-term solution at LT. Cassel may be a long-term solution, but I wouldn't be my life on that. Page eems to be on his way out, Weigman is a one-year stop-gap, Carr is probably getting replaces, and I just don't trust Lilja. Our draft picks (other than Berry) probably will be aorund a while, but it's hard to judge exactly the positions they'll play or how good they'll be until camp.

set @everything but star wr and center and ilb

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    If things don't improve. I think he will be replaced. He was thrown at often and sucessfully last year. He is a question mark for me.
    You can''t expect a anyone to cover for very long.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    How many positions do you think we're set at?
    Why, I'm happily married and I barely know you!!!

Looking long term I don't think we are set at any position. I am trying to look at the picture for this and next weason only which would mean we need alot of players because it would be nice to think everyone on the team will not get hurt but we all know that won't happen. Teams lose players to injury every season and when that happens it always puts a wrench in the gear box. If I had to say we are set at one position of importance I would say it's at RB. We have some very fast and talented backs. I still feel we need a back up QB that can come in a compitantly handle the job and WIN games. At wr we are looking ok but lack a guy that can pull it down no matter what. Our defense looks much better than last years but even though we went out and aquired Smith at NT we need someone to eith back him or that he can back up. I would say our biggest need on D is at any position LB. We need a guy that can make that second level his domain. Things are looking better, with in 2 yrs we should be very close to the SB hunt.
    Chiefs Nation

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    You can''t expect a anyone to cover for very long.
    Based on how the Chiefs drafted, it appears they felt the secondary was the biggest weakness. I like the guy and want to give him another season with a different DC so more talent at safety and see what he does. If he improves the question mark is answered. Until then, he was the go to Corner for first downs and usually successfully.

I like Carr a bunch but I kind of forgot what a starting safety looked like. If Warfield was a quality starting safety then so is Carr, but the fact Warfield was unemployed after we let him go makes me think Chiefs fans forgot what a secondary should look like. Fact of the matter I forgot what a real defense looks like. In the play offs it just seems like the other teams defenses are just tons better and those are not the elite defensive teams.

Our secondary is set up ridiculous. Think about this.

Flowers is completely capable of shutting down his man himself. That means the free safety can cheat over a bit towards Carr's way and blanket the other receiver. Arenas is a stud in the slot.

And the scariest part? If Berry is playing SS, he can be moved all over the field to screw with the opposing offense in every way.

The secondary is completely set. If we can get some run D, our defense is going to insanely good.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Our secondary is set up ridiculous. Think about this.

Flowers is completely capable of shutting down his man himself. That means the free safety can cheat over a bit towards Carr's way and blanket the other receiver. Arenas is a stud in the slot.

And the scariest part? If Berry is playing SS, he can be moved all over the field to screw with the opposing offense in every way.

The secondary is completely set. If we can get some run D, our defense is going to insanely good.
    Just from things I have read and watched in video from his Tennessee years, Berry is known not only for being a Safety that can int the ball he is also known for reacting to the run quickly which means we have a surprise to all teams that think they will run it up the gut this year.
    Chiefs Nation

Quote Originally Posted by endzonewillie View Post
    Just from things I have read and watched in video from his Tennessee years, Berry is known not only for being a Safety that can int the ball he is also known for reacting to the run quickly which means we have a surprise to all teams that think they will run it up the gut this year.
    Well only if our three down linemen are able to move forward rather than being constantly shoved backwards as they were during our 31st ranked run stuffing jaugernaut of last year. And the future anchor of this line - our NT - well, still isn't on the team yet...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Well only if our three down linemen are able to move forward rather than being constantly shoved backwards as they were during our 31st ranked run stuffing jaugernaut of last year. And the future anchor of this line - our NT - well, still isn't on the team yet...
    Yeah, run defenses don't work the way he thinks they work. If we have Berry play close to the line of scrimmage, we'll have eight in the box and opposing defenses will play action us to death. We'll be giving up a dozen big passes every game.

Likewise, if Berry plays at a traditional safety spot where he can assist in covering WRs other than the slot receiver, he won't be getting a chance to assist in run defense until the ball carrier is seven-to eight yards down the field.

In short, if our front seven can't stop teams from running for 5-6 YPC, there isn't a whole lot Berry can do about it without our secondary being shredded.

I don't think we're giving Carr enough credit, he's a damn good corner even though we say he got picked on. Check out this article...

Kansas City Chiefs: Defense Analysis | Bleacher Report
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast