Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How many positions do you think we're set at?

Default How many positions do you think we're set at?

I don't mean just for 2010. I mean, assuming we stay pat for the rest of this offseason (and assuming no freak injuries), what positions can we rest easy about for the next few years?

I think we're set at:

RB (Charles/Jones should be a great 1-2 punch)
    FB (Cox is fine)
    2WR (Bowe/Chambers both count, and both will be fine for the next 2-3 years, but we need a legitimate 1WR)
    LOLB (Hali is great)
    LDE (Jackson should keep maturing)
    RDE (ditto for Dorsey)
    FS (Berry, obviously)
    LCB (Flowers is a top-10 CB)

I think Albert is a keeper, but who knows if he's the long-term solution at LT. Cassel may be a long-term solution, but I wouldn't be my life on that. Page eems to be on his way out, Weigman is a one-year stop-gap, Carr is probably getting replaces, and I just don't trust Lilja. Our draft picks (other than Berry) probably will be aorund a while, but it's hard to judge exactly the positions they'll play or how good they'll be until camp.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    I don't think we're giving Carr enough credit, he's a damn good corner even though we say he got picked on. Check out this article...

Kansas City Chiefs: Defense Analysis | Bleacher Report
    I agree about Carr, but that article was depressing. Let's hope Romeo develops some schemes that do utilize the D's strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Yeah, run defenses don't work the way he thinks they work. If we have Berry play close to the line of scrimmage, we'll have eight in the box and opposing defenses will play action us to death. We'll be giving up a dozen big passes every game.

Likewise, if Berry plays at a traditional safety spot where he can assist in covering WRs other than the slot receiver, he won't be getting a chance to assist in run defense until the ball carrier is seven-to eight yards down the field.

In short, if our front seven can't stop teams from running for 5-6 YPC, there isn't a whole lot Berry can do about it without our secondary being shredded.
    Which was exactly my point. in 2008 our safety, you know, the one we released outright, was the team leader in tackles. At least last year the team leader was a linebacker. That might have been because out safeties both sucked, but then again, it might have been that the linebacker spot started playing better.

Ultimately, we want those linebackers, or better yet, the defensive line stopping those runners!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Which was exactly my point. in 2008 our safety, you know, the one we released outright, was the team leader in tackles. At least last year the team leader was a linebacker. That might have been because out safeties both sucked, but then again, it might have been that the linebacker spot started playing better.

Ultimately, we want those linebackers, or better yet, the defensive line stopping those runners!
    You mean the same guy who led the team in tackles, but didn't have a single sack, interception, or forced fumble all season? I don't think Williams really played well. He made tackles, but linebackers need to make plays too. Tackling guys after constant 8 yard gains all day doesn't really make me feel all that confident in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I agree about Carr, but that article was depressing. Let's hope Romeo develops some schemes that do utilize the D's strengths.
    How are the ranked, because the last I had heard he was ranked as high as he was for the amount of time he played the amount of tackles he made.

Which meant he was thrown at alot and successfully and he then made the tackle.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234