Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many positions do you think we're set at?

Default How many positions do you think we're set at?

I don't mean just for 2010. I mean, assuming we stay pat for the rest of this offseason (and assuming no freak injuries), what positions can we rest easy about for the next few years?

I think we're set at:

RB (Charles/Jones should be a great 1-2 punch)
    FB (Cox is fine)
    2WR (Bowe/Chambers both count, and both will be fine for the next 2-3 years, but we need a legitimate 1WR)
    LOLB (Hali is great)
    LDE (Jackson should keep maturing)
    RDE (ditto for Dorsey)
    FS (Berry, obviously)
    LCB (Flowers is a top-10 CB)

I think Albert is a keeper, but who knows if he's the long-term solution at LT. Cassel may be a long-term solution, but I wouldn't be my life on that. Page eems to be on his way out, Weigman is a one-year stop-gap, Carr is probably getting replaces, and I just don't trust Lilja. Our draft picks (other than Berry) probably will be aorund a while, but it's hard to judge exactly the positions they'll play or how good they'll be until camp.

Iwould easily add right guard with Asamoah. At this point, if we are assuming we are set at free safety, we have to assume we are set at center and right guard. Asamoah was highly productive and has zero durability or work ethic issues.

Wiegmann, Lilja, and Asamoah can back up both of them.

I would also say punter, kicker, and PR/KR.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    Iwould easily add right guard with Asamoah. At this point, if we are assuming we are set at free safety, we have to assume we are set at center and right guard. Asamoah was highly productive and has zero durability or work ethic issues.

Wiegmann, Lilja, and Asamoah can back up both of them.

I would also say punter, kicker, and PR/KR.
    I didn't want to include Weigmann or Lilja, as I don't think either will be long-term starters, and I just can't figure out what position Asamoah will play. It wouldn't shock me at all, for example, if he were our opening day C.

I can't believe I forgot those last three.

jones is old so i dont think we are 'set' at running back, but its not a pressing need...

I think CB, RB, Saftey now, and some of the OL. Not WR tho i think bowe is great but not a true #1. I think the DL could still use some work. LB is the big need now inside and out.

I think we are set at these positions.

Kicker - Succop
    Punter - Colquitt
    RB - Charles
    G- Asomoah
    OLB - Hali
    CB - Flowers

That is it.... However There are questions out there that need to be answered and could drastically change that. I do think we can field a competitive team this year and have pieces in place to build around.

and i doubt carr is getting replaced

Quote Originally Posted by whatwasthat? View Post
    and i doubt carr is getting replaced
    If things don't improve. I think he will be replaced. He was thrown at often and sucessfully last year. He is a question mark for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I think we are set at these positions.

Kicker - Succop
    Punter - Colquitt
    RB - Charles
    G- Asomoah
    OLB - Hali
    CB - Flowers

That is it.... However There are questions out there that need to be answered and could drastically change that. I do think we can field a competitive team this year and have pieces in place to build around.
    Not even Berry at FS? I mean, he's more certain than Asamoah at least.

Charles RB
    Berry FS
    Albert LT
    Flowers CB
    Hali OLB
    Dorsey DE
    Jackson DE
    Asamoah G
    Succop K
    Colquitt P
    Arenas/McCluster KR/PR

These are the players I am most confident will be major contributors and locks at their positions for years to come...

Cassel QB
    Bowe WR
    Page SS
    Johnson LB
    Carr CB
    Williams LB
    Moeaki TE

These are players that I see with good potential and possible (hopefully) set pieces for the near to mid future.. I think Demorrio Williams is our most slept on player, I think he has led our team in tackles two years in a row and plays with passion.. Im thinking Crennel is gonna get the best out of him..

That is almst 20 young players right there that all can help the chiefs re establish themself as a contender!!! September needs to hurry up..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast