Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jon Asamoah

Default Jon Asamoah

Found this link over at Arrowheadpride. This guy seems like a strong character guy.
    Did you know all but one of the players we drafted this year were their colleges' Team Captain? Pioli is certainly looking for the "right" 53 along with some leadership.

Watch this video for background on Asamoah:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQNWRhJZ7PU"]YouTube- IL's Jon Asamoah Feature[/ame]

Everything I've read about him is good. He doesn't do any one thing great, but does everything well. We will not hear his name called very much on game day. He should be a solid starter for many years.
    Pioli has his profile for the players he wants and will not draft someone that does not fit that profile to fill a need. He has has his long range plan and it doesn't seem he will stray from that plan.
    All this means is we will be contenders every year and will have a TEAM we can be proud of. Be patient, be positive, we will win another SB in a few years.

Sounds like we might have stolen him.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Question is, where does he fit in in 2010? Do we start him at RG ahead of Lilja? Ahead of Weigmann at C? Ahead of Waters at LG? Or just keep him on the bench?

My preference, if Asamoah looks even remotely startable, is to move Lilja to the bench and start Asamoah at RG. I just don't trust Lilja to open lanes or keep our QB clean.

As our likely RG for years to come, I think it's safe to say that he may be occupying a position where we as Chiefs fans are used to seeing a great player and person. I'm excited about Asamoah.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Question is, where does he fit in in 2010? Do we start him at RG ahead of Lilja? Ahead of Weigmann at C? Ahead of Waters at LG? Or just keep him on the bench?

My preference, if Asamoah looks even remotely startable, is to move Lilja to the bench and start Asamoah at RG. I just don't trust Lilja to open lanes or keep our QB clean.
    What I kind of foresee happening is that Asamoah will start the season on the bench, but in the event that either Waters or Lilja get hurt at some point, Asamoah will step in and we likely won't look back from there.

2011 and beyond, I see Waters being moved to C post-Wiegmann, with Lilja and Asamoah at their natural positions of LG and RG, respectively. This sets the interior offensive line for a while, and allows us to concentrate on reevaluating the tackle positions after 2010. If Albert struggles, he can be moved to RT and we can acquire a LT.

Once upon a time Waters was supposed to be Tim Grunhard's replacement, and then we signed Casey Wiegmann. How ironic that 10 years later he could be replacing Wiegmann.
    Last edited by yashi; 04-30-2010 at 09:51 AM.

Can't wait to see this guy dominate on the Oline! I've never been too fond of Illinois (fiance went there and she tends to rub Illini Pride in my face all the time) but I'll accept this guy!

It's tough, because waters, wiegmann, and lilja all still produce. Lilja was just blocking for Peyton Manning in the Super Bowl, Wiegmann was playing in the pro-bowl, and Waters' play is still at a high, though not elite, level.

there is nothing wrong with having one of the best guards in the draft as your backup, though.

He'll be a starter by next year.

Great Thread Coach.
    I am so thankful we are going after high character guys. It makes me hate the Raiders all the more, and that is a good thing. One can not hate the Raiders enough.
    Resident Ambassador!

Quote Originally Posted by KCINNYC View Post
    Great Thread Coach.
    I am so thankful we are going after high character guys. It makes me hate the Raiders all the more, and that is a good thing. One can not hate the Raiders enough.
    You know you hate the Faiders when you'd find yourself rooting for Satan in a Satan vs. Faiders game. No...not a trick question because Faiders are to stupid to be Satan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast