Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ESPN's First Power Rankings of 2010

Default ESPN's First Power Rankings of 2010

After all of the improvement made by Kansas City in the offseason, ESPN has finally revealed where they believe the Chiefs stand, as well as where the other 31 teams stand.

Believe it or not, ESPN has actually moved the Chiefs...down a spot from last year to #29. I cannot wait until the Chiefs shock the world this season when they make their way back to respectability.

NFL Power Rankings Preseason - National Football League - ESPN

29th what with all that we did this offseason to be a better team. They are going to look real stupid when the season starts. GO CHEIFS!!!!!!!!

yea I read that a few days ago, I should have posted it.. It's stupid IMO, denver over us?? lmao

rankings at this time of year are pointless untill a game is actually played

Only way to go is up!

A zoo monkey can complete an ESPN power ranking. In fact, I think that's what they do to cut down on costs.

Where else do you guys expect them to put us?

To the rest of the league we have the same overpaid QB, a terrible line that did little to improve itself and a still pathetic pass rush. Many people saw the Chiefs as losers in the draft since they didn't address NT, OT, LB and a pure receiver type. It's not really that surprising and until they can prove people wrong it's where we should be, although I personally disagree with the rankings. There is no way that the Bills and Browns are better off right now. Also, they're being really generous to Denver and there is no way that the Lions are the second worst team on paper.

Thanks Aussie!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    Where else do you guys expect them to put us?

To the rest of the league we have the same overpaid QB, a terrible line that did little to improve itself and a still pathetic pass rush. Many people saw the Chiefs as losers in the draft since they didn't address NT, OT, LB and a pure receiver type. It's not really that surprising and until they can prove people wrong it's where we should be, although I personally disagree with the rankings. There is no way that the Bills and Browns are better off right now. Also, they're being really generous to Denver and there is no way that the Lions are the second worst team on paper.
    I mean THEY are so wrong, I'm embarrassed for THEM.
    Last edited by SAPHOJUNKIE; 04-30-2010 at 05:36 PM.

I don't mind the 29th spot, only way is up (and i guess down 3) but until we prove we can play this season then thats the only way were going to go back up...and i feel we can.....oh and its been awhile since i've been on here hows it going

i mean, maybe I'm crazy but I thought adding a pro-bowl center and a superbowl champ guard, plus one of the highest rated guards in the draft would count as IMPROVEMENTS to the line, but I guess I'm crazy!

I will disagree with you, though, that "most" people saw the Chiefs as losers. That's simply not true.

Adam Schefter
    Mel Kiper
    Chris Mortenson
    Rick Gosselin

All of these guys have come out saying the chiefs had one of the BEST drafts (gosselin gave us an A+, ranking it the best draft in the league), and said that we should be one of the more improved teams this year.

The power rankings have us where we are, because we haven't played a game yet. Heck, we haven't even SIGNED those terrific draft picks.

i think things will change rather quickly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast