Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you have a feeling...

Default Do you have a feeling...

that maybe we're developing a NEW defense?! I think Crennel is developing a brand new variation of the 3-4. I see us running a lot more nickel packages utilizing Arenas as an extra blitzer instead of a 4th LB. He would be great in coverage as well as blitzing and keeping an insane amount of speed on the field. Since we are lacking in LB's, this will allow us to use fewer of them at a time so that at a minimum we can have fresh legs out there all the time. We would still need a NT, but if Dorsey can make the transition to NT with Shaun Smith backing him up and if Alex Magee shows up at DE this year (with Gilberry and Edwards backing him up), we may be in better shape than I thought. I just have a feeling Crennel and company are cooking up a defensive scheme that will shock a lot of teams.

Or maybe I'm just stir crazy waiting for our Chiefs to get back into the swing of things!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    We saw a lot of 2-4-5 last season with Magee and Jackson as the only down linemen in passing situations. It didn't seem to work very well though, but maybe it's because they were both rookies.
    I think the addition of our new DBs, the return of Page and Legget plus some development of Donald Washington (thank you Crennel and Thomas) would make a 2-4-5 unstoppable on passing downs. And if some of our LBs come into their own then look out!!!

What I do know is that Crennel sat around all last year recovering from his hip surgery, most likely knowing he was coming to Kansas City. That means he's had a year to do nothing but contemplate defense! His head has got to be exploding with blitz packages and defensive schemes!
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

The NFL is becoming a pass happy league and the rules favor the WR. If you look at the trend of what some teams are doing, they are drafting DB's early in the draft just to counter the passing attack of teams like Indy, the Pats and New Orleans.

It is easier to shut down the run, if the passing game is ineffective.

Also historicaly Pioli has generally spent more high round picks on DB and then looked though FA for Line backers.

I just think this is how he plans to build his team.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    I think the addition of our new DBs, the return of Page and Legget plus some development of Donald Washington (thank you Crennel and Thomas) would make a 2-4-5 unstoppable on passing downs. And if some of our LBs come into their own then look out!!!

What I do know is that Crennel sat around all last year recovering from his hip surgery, most likely knowing he was coming to Kansas City. That means he's had a year to do nothing but contemplate defense! His head has got to be exploding with blitz packages and defensive schemes!

I think Leggett is on the bubble to make the team. It is up between him, Jon McGraw and D. Morgan.

Leggett lost his position at nickel corner on day 2 of the draft. Flowers, Carr, Arenas, Washington are all locks. Mike Richardson is a Pioli guy. So I agree that Leggett may be on the bubble, but I kind of hope they keep him around since he's made some plays on special teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I think Leggett is on the bubble to make the team. It is up between him, Jon McGraw and D. Morgan.
    I think Jon McGraw is safe do to his special teams play.

I think Leggett would be useful as FS depth. But with Crennel/Thomas coaching these guys up, its a real crapshoot as to who will be in the rotation.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    I think Leggett would be useful as FS depth. But with Crennel/Thomas coaching these guys up, its a real crapshoot as to who will be in the rotation.
    I don't know how I feel about Leggett possibly being our last line of defense. Remember the Cowboys game?

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    I think Jon McGraw is safe do to his special teams play.
    Mcgraw will most likey be back. He did an ok job when he was at safety last season so fill in when one of the safetys need a breather and speacial teams. I think hes pretty safe.

McGraw is a stud on special teams. I like him a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    McGraw is a stud on special teams. I like him a lot.
    agreed
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12