Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a feeling...

Default Do you have a feeling...

that maybe we're developing a NEW defense?! I think Crennel is developing a brand new variation of the 3-4. I see us running a lot more nickel packages utilizing Arenas as an extra blitzer instead of a 4th LB. He would be great in coverage as well as blitzing and keeping an insane amount of speed on the field. Since we are lacking in LB's, this will allow us to use fewer of them at a time so that at a minimum we can have fresh legs out there all the time. We would still need a NT, but if Dorsey can make the transition to NT with Shaun Smith backing him up and if Alex Magee shows up at DE this year (with Gilberry and Edwards backing him up), we may be in better shape than I thought. I just have a feeling Crennel and company are cooking up a defensive scheme that will shock a lot of teams.

Or maybe I'm just stir crazy waiting for our Chiefs to get back into the swing of things!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Who knows, just can't wait to see Crennel and Wiess' impact on the team.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

excellent theory, and I would not be surprised to see it come to pass, especially this year.

Nothing wrong with a hybrid 3-4, no matter where the hybrid part comes in, The main thing is that it works.

It could be. It might explain some of our draft choices as well. We will just have to wait and see when the season gets here. Cant get here soon enough.

Yeah, all of these new coachers haven't actually been with the team during any games so it'll be really exciting to see them in action!!

It is an interesting theory, but I don't think that we are done this year in free agency. Haley said at his last conference as did Pioli that bringing in players is a continuing and on going process. So a true NT could still be out there. Regardless, I am just so thankful we have officially moved past the Herm years with Romeo and Weis!
    Resident Ambassador!

I strongly believe, that Crennel is building a Chief's Defense!

Good coaches coach to the strengths of their team. It would make a lot of sense that, if Crennel is as good as we hope he is, he will build a D around the players we have.

I like the way you think DC_ChiefsFan! +Rep!

I absolutely believe that Crennel is starting a new defense. Football has become a constantly changing game where now a team has to be able to adapt quickly. With the new emphasis around the league on the passing game, it only makes sense that a team would develop a defense based on taking away the pass. Utility and role playing receivers like Wes Welker, Percy Harvin, etc. now demand attention from opposing teams. So I think we should expect to see more 3-CB sets and teams grabbing more playmakers at DB (Jets and Chiefs appear to have this in mind).

We saw a lot of 2-4-5 last season with Magee and Jackson as the only down linemen in passing situations. It didn't seem to work very well though, but maybe it's because they were both rookies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast