Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Offseason Report

Default Offseason Report

NFL Mock Drafts, Fantasy Football, NFL Picks, NFL Power Rankings, and more - Kansas City Chiefs

I spent a long time on this and I was looking for some feedback/debate/discussion from true die hard fans

I like SOME of what WalterFootball has, with that said I think he had no idea what the chiefs' needs were. Never updated it.

He feels that Pioli will always reach in the draft. Everyone and their momma knows we need a DT, S, and WR.
    Dropped balls on 3rd down
    Big pass plays given up all season
    Run Defense torched

Need and ILB just as much as an OLB. OL needs young depth to take over EVENTUALLY and Getting Moeaki gives us the chance to have an outlet on passing downs if he can stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by NWA Chief View Post
    I like SOME of what WalterFootball has, with that said I think he had no idea what the chiefs' needs were. Never updated it.

He feels that Pioli will always reach in the draft. Everyone and their momma knows we need a DT, S, and WR.
    Dropped balls on 3rd down
    Big pass plays given up all season
    Run Defense torched

Need and ILB just as much as an OLB. OL needs young depth to take over EVENTUALLY and Getting Moeaki gives us the chance to have an outlet on passing downs if he can stay healthy.
    He does update his needs, albeit a bit subtly. Whenever a team adds someone at that position he puts it under the need and when he feels the need is filled he puts it in red.

I find this thread interesting! I think I will, someday reply to it, when I feel it has reach it's potential worth. To really reply and give my assessment of this, the Chiefs Draft picks, would be premature explanation!

I would not like to Prematurely expand on this draft of the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I find this thread interesting! I think I will, someday reply to it, when I feel it has reach it's potential worth. To really reply and give my assessment of this, the Chiefs Draft picks, would be premature explanation!

I would not like to Prematurely expand on this draft of the Chiefs.
    Hey dude! Is it possible to post-maturely expand on the topic?

I agree with alot of what you say there.

I believe that what The Chiefs are looking to do is to mimick the '07 Pats and '08 Cardinals.

Both of those teams did have success. But alot can be lost in the copying process.

That and I am not big on specifically trying to build a one-dimensional offense, unless you can build a strong defense.

Hopefully, as The Chiefs seem to think, the players already on that defense are going to look a whole lot better this year. Hopefully, the adjustment to a 3-4 and the poor DC of '09 will make all the difference.

I remain doubtful about alot of things. But I definitely feel alot better about this coming season, than I have about the past four, despite the draft.

And believe me, I am not one of those who generally tries to emphasize the positives. I try to keep a clear view of the positives, as well as the negatives, so as to have, what I feel is, an accurate view of what to expect from The Chiefs.

Keeping in mind the situation of other teams in our division, I will not be shocked if they make a push for a playoff spot. But then, I also wouldn't be too terribly shocked if we do draft early again next year.

But again, this year is different from the past few in that I actually won't be surprised if they do well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12