Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: That Kool Aide is working!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Can't someone disagree with you without you writing and essay to prove some point about how people feel about the vibe coming out of Kansas City. I see you are upset and have gone to great lengths to prove some point about something. Congrats. You have clearly stated something in all that!!
    Trouble reading? That would explain alot.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Trouble reading? That would explain alot.
    Nope, lack of interest in what you wrote.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Nope, lack of interest in what you wrote.
    Mkay.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Mkay.
    From an giant essay to "Mkay?"

Beware the wrath of the Sith Master!!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPPj6viIBmU"]YouTube- Star Wars Kid[/ame]
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Derrick Johnson is an athletic freak and good to have in on passing downs. He is also a good tackler.

But he isn't very smart, he blows assignments, and he's a liability against the run. He'd be a good-to-great weakside LB in a 4-3 defense (like the Vikings or Colts). He is a poor 3-4 ILB. We need a Harrison, a Mayo, a Lewis, or a Scott at ILB. Someone smart and tough as nails. Someone who RBs are afraid to run at. DJ, for all his virtues, ain't that guy.

Well, you can't fix smart, I will agree on that. But a good DC like Romeo Crennell can train out some of his position and assignment problems. He makes big plays, and that's someone you want on the team, and on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Well, you can't fix smart, I will agree on that. But a good DC like Romeo Crennell can train out some of his position and assignment problems. He makes big plays, and that's someone you want on the team, and on the field.
    It isn't just his smarts and technique. If I were to ask you to list DJs strenghts, what would you say? Probably his athleticism, his speed, his hands, and his tackling. If I were to ask you to list his weaknesses, what would you say? Probably his toughness, his smarts, and his run defense.

I agree that having a guy like DJ to bring in on passing downs would be terrific. But the reason he's wasn't a starter in 2009 was because he just doesn't fit, either in terms of skill set or in terms of physicality, as a 3-4 LB (either inside or outside). And I don't see a player as talented as him being happy playing only 1/3 of defensive downs.

DJ should be in a system where he allowed to run all over the field making tackles, and where teams won't be running right at him most downs. In other words, he should be a Derrick Brooks-type for some team at weakside linebacker.

From an giant essay to "Mkay?"

Beware the wrath of the Sith Master!!
    Well, I figure if you can admit that you don't read what I write, then you have nothing to say about what I write.

You may as well be commenting about how anti-matter functions within a black hole.

mkay

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567