Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brian Cushing

Default Brian Cushing

should have been stripped of his defensive rookie of the year award. No questions about it. The NFL is now sending mixed signals to young football players everywhere that although using Steroids is bad, you can still succeed and be rewarded for using them. What do you guys think? (sorry for the non-chiefs post guys, just not a lot of chiefs news going on).
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

If you ask me, him being in the NFL is questionable. It seems like he cheated through high school and college to get where he is. I won't be disappointed if his numbers steadily drop as the effects from steroids wear off.

I am kind of with Bwill on this.

At the end of the day he was not found to have used performance enhancing drugs during his rookie season. The chemical that was found certainly IMPLIES recent use of them. But implication is not legitimate evidence.

I know he tested positive for a banned substance. I just don't think that you take back an award for that alone.

If he is the 'roid-machine that is suggested, then I imagine he will get caught again, or fail to play at the same level without them. Otherwise, I really can't find a way to be too harsh on the guy.

Having some unnamed GM say that someone else, who knows who that is, told him the guys is a big steroid user isn't terribly convincing evidence either. At least not to me.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

At the end of the day he was not found to have used performance enhancing drugs during his rookie season. The chemical that was found certainly IMPLIES recent use of them. But implication is not legitimate evidence.

I know he tested positive for a banned substance. I just don't think that you take back an award for that alone.

If he is the 'roid-machine that is suggested, then I imagine he will get caught again, or fail to play at the same level without them. Otherwise, I really can't find a way to be too harsh on the guy.

Having some unnamed GM say that someone else, who knows who that is, told him the guys is a big steroid user isn't terribly convincing evidence either. At least not to me.
    Just look at him.. It is usually pretty easy to spot the people who have been juicing, just by looking at their muscle structure.
    It's not exactly a scientific method, but it gives you a hint.

Compare him to Thomas Jones for instance, TJ is a workout freak, and he has HUGE guns
    But his body looks way more natural than Cushings does in that picture..

It would be interresting to compare that college picture to a picture of him now..

If you look at the competition for DROTR then you can see why he wasnt stripped.

If he is as good as he was last year, next year then I will give hi props. I agree, if you break the rules, there should be a punishment. Look at Merriman, he is half the player after getting busted.

Quote Originally Posted by buffman316 View Post
    If he is as good as he was last year, next year then I will give hi props. I agree, if you break the rules, there should be a punishment. Look at Merriman, he is half the player after getting busted.
    And he was punished... I agree with chief31 that here-say isn't grounds enough to take the award from the kid and for the most part this is what the AP voters agree upon as well. He had a monster rookie season even helping, maybe even pushing, the Texans to 9-7. Unless he snuck the 'roids all year, I still say he's got some natural abilities even if he's the steroid abuser many are certain he is.

Dumb moves throughout his early career it does appear though.....

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

hCG is a performance enhancing drug, and is banned. He tested positive for it during the regular season (in September).
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

take the titles away from the Pats for the whole "video taping" BS as well.

no way the Rams should have lost to them, they were on FIRE..

Quote Originally Posted by brish View Post
    Just look at him.. It is usually pretty easy to spot the people who have been juicing, just by looking at their muscle structure.
    It's not exactly a scientific method, but it gives you a hint.

Compare him to Thomas Jones for instance, TJ is a workout freak, and he has HUGE guns
    But his body looks way more natural than Cushings does in that picture..

It would be interresting to compare that college picture to a picture of him now..
    I am not so smart as to attempt to say that I can spot steroid users by eye, nor are experts. That's why they do the testing.

Maybe they could save some money by having you attend each team's training camp and just point out which guys should be banned from the league.

Seein' as how you are a Chiefs fan, I hope they go that route. But just remember to check all Chargers, Broncos and Raiders a little extra.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    hCG is a performance enhancing drug, and is banned. He tested positive for it during the regular season (in September).
    No. It is used to return certain bodily functions back to normal after steroid use. That's 'normal' not 'enhanced'.

hCG is used to mask the use of PEDs...it in itself is not a PED. Frankly the precedent was set with Julius Peppers and a few others. The award wasn't ever going to be stripped.

The argument to do so was about as faulty as the argument to remove Lawrence Taylor from the HOF. Hell OJ Simpson is still there and people want to remove LT?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast