Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hmmm...Patrick Crayton?

Default Hmmm...Patrick Crayton?

Espn's NFC East blog had a blurb about Patrick Crayton being the odd man out in Dallas.

Between Roy Williams, Dez Bryant, Miles Austin, and Jason Witten, they have plenty of pass catchers.

Crayton has sure hands, is willing to go over the middle, and is a very good punt returner.

Also, Todd Haley coached him from 2004-2006.

Crayton is still young, only a six year vet, and would instantly come in and compete with McCluster for the slot, perhaps even for the #2 WR position.

If he gets cut, I would love to see us go for him. I'd love to see us go for him before then in a trade. I'm thinking a fourth rounder would do it, maybe even a fifth.

He's not a game-changer by any means, but I still think we need a solid vet as our possession receiver.
    Last edited by SAPHOJUNKIE; 05-14-2010 at 12:59 PM.

This would be a fantastic trade, especially for a 5th round pick. He would also fit nicely into the system and solve some of the "hands" issues we had last year. McCluster, Bowe, Chambers and Clayton. That sounds really good.

Quote Originally Posted by buffman316 View Post
    This would be a fantastic trade, especially for a 5th round pick. He would also fit nicely into the system and solve some of the "hands" issues we had last year. McCluster, Bowe, Chambers and Clayton. That sounds really good.
    That does sound good. Also your dancing smile guy is hilarious. He looks like he is doing a Lord of the Dance Irish Jig
    Resident Ambassador!

Quote Originally Posted by KCINNYC View Post
    That does sound good. Also your dancing smile guy is hilarious. He looks like he is doing a Lord of the Dance Irish Jig
    lol, I loved that one when I saw it. I think he is just happy because he discovered a Jager vat in his mom's basement.

I guess I'm odd man out. I don't like the idea of trading anything away for this guy. He'll be on the street in a month. We have 4 potential slot guys already. Charles, McCluster, Lance Long, Urban.

Crayton could be a 3rd string WR behind Chambers, but I don't see us trading anything for a guy like that. Too many of them on the street already. JMO.

Crayton is fairly "young" and he has experience as a punt returner. Solid hands and has been on a winning team......5th rounder but no more than that.

More experienced than Urban or Lance Long and I can see the top 4 WR's being Bowe and Chambers on the outside and Crayton and McCluster inside

I have my eye on another Dallas player........

Marcus Spears- just think about it. If Dorsey moved inside and Spears and Jackson at the ends. Looks nice to me and he thought he was getting shipped out durign the draft.

Food for thought

Not worth a 5th rounder IMO. He's never really been that good. I don't think he's any better than Jerhome Urban

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Not worth a 5th rounder IMO. He's never really been that good. I don't think he's any better than Jerhome Urban
    Six years
    196 career catches
    2888 yards
    23 TDs

vs

Five years
    87 catches
    1231 yards
    7 TDs

Sorry, but Crayton is a MUCH more productive receiver. I know Urban was on a team with Boldin and Fitzgerald, but Crayton has consistently played with talent around him, too.

I'm not saying it's the answer, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us pick him up. Maybe not in a trade, but certainly in free agency

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I guess I'm odd man out. I don't like the idea of trading anything away for this guy. He'll be on the street in a month. We have 4 potential slot guys already. Charles, McCluster, Lance Long, Urban.

Crayton could be a 3rd string WR behind Chambers, but I don't see us trading anything for a guy like that. Too many of them on the street already. JMO.

Yep. If he gets cut, I say great, sign him immediately. If not, no reason to give up anything. Not even a 5th.

Um. No Thanks. I don't want to trade anything to cut a player 5 weeks down the road.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast