Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The good ole' days.

Default The good ole' days.

Browsing Youtube, I found this video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arK241yz50o&feature=related"]YouTube- The Eddie Kennison Highlight Film[/ame]

Those were the days. We had a killer passing game thanks to our stellar running game. Running the ball supports the pass. I hope this year, we run the ball like a Chief is suppose to.....only then we will see greatness from the offense once again.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    For my money it was the fact that Trent Greann was afforded the time and space to stay in the pocket for so long. And rarely did he have to throw while getting hit, as it was rare for any defender to get to him.

Ya know, they don't really assemble Willie Roaf, or Tony Richardson highlight reels/ But the Trent Green and Priest Holmes videos here are filled with their highlights.

In particular, in the Priest Holmes video above, check the play at about 6:08 into it.

Now, instead of just watching Priest with the football, have a look at what T-Rich does on the play. Priest literally just walks into the endzone. T-Rich makes it possible.
    Wow! You were right. I can't believe he blocked the second guy like that. You know it makes sense now he was the first to hug Priest in the endzone every time. Those touchdowns were his as well.
    Resident Ambassador!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    For my money it was the fact that Trent Greann was afforded the time and space to stay in the pocket for so long. And rarely did he have to throw while getting hit, as it was rare for any defender to get to him.

Ya know, they don't really assemble Willie Roaf, or Tony Richardson highlight reels/ But the Trent Green and Priest Holmes videos here are filled with their highlights.

In particular, in the Priest Holmes video above, check the play at about 6:08 into it.

Now, instead of just watching Priest with the football, have a look at what T-Rich does on the play. Priest literally just walks into the endzone. T-Rich makes it possible.
    Cant believe I forgot about T-Rich!

Wow,I miss T-Rich!

I do believe with our running game and the new speed we have on the Offense will but up big points!

I truely feel an excitement I'v been needing and wanting since those Good Ole Days!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Ah, good times! And, although he's not a Chief anymore Trent also had another dangerous target that he hit with regularity in Tony G. We would also be remiss not to mention that stud O-line as well; it all starts up front!
    THIS!!!!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vQpW9XRiyM"]YouTube- Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Browsing Youtube, I found this video.

Those were the days. We had a killer passing game thanks to our stellar running game. Running the ball supports the pass. I hope this year, we run the ball like a Chief is suppose to.....only then we will see greatness from the offense once again.
    I honestly think the chiefs are soon going to be like that once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    THIS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I saw that video too last night but I turned on the TV and turned off the computer.

You guys know what made the Chiefs and Green so great? First of Green would stay in the pocket as long as possible. He would take the hit just at the last second to fire off a pass. If Cassel can do this, he can be every bit as good as Green and maybe even better.

When you look back and watch those videos, all of our team was excited when we scored. We played with an energy wanting to win and wanting to win BIG. Everyone got exicted for first down, let alone a big play or touchdown. Now all these players don't know each other very well. They ain't like family.

I hope we can unite as one this year and play with that intensity this year.

I can't wait untill August!
    Dick Vermeil was greatly responsible for the Chiefs during that era being like 'family'...he intentionally focused on creating a family environment among players...including eating dinner together, etc..

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12