Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who's your dark horse...

Default Who's your dark horse...

this season for a consistent contributor who's on our current roster?

I have a strong feeling about Pierre Walters. He's big, he's fast and it seems he's really invested himself in Haley's system.

Overall, I am really excited to see how our linebacker crew does this year, I think we have a few gems in there.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Belcher, with the big neck pad and thick pads boy he looks like a linebacker from the 90s chiefs. i think both belcher and studebaker have a real chance to florrish on this defense with the new coaches

I know its not a total dark horse, but I think that Matt Cassel will become a Pro Bowl QB. He took so many sacks and hits last year, (and they REALLY REALLY hurt) and he got up every time and dusted himself off. Haley and Pioli consistently go to bat for him. Pioli said "No one outside of this organization really knows how great this guy is going to be" and Haley said "I will go into battle any day of the week with him" He is the first to be there in the morning, the last to leave, and has a passion for watching film. I think he got dealt a bad hand last year with the o-line and with all the dropped passes (first in the league) I think with the revamped o line and a strong running game, Cassel will begin to develop into the player we hoped he was when we gave him that contract.

Go Chiefs!
    Last edited by KCINNYC; 05-16-2010 at 04:08 PM.
    Resident Ambassador!

Quote Originally Posted by KCINNYC View Post
    I know its not a total dark horse, but I think that Matt Cassel will become a Pro Bowl calliber QB. He took so many sacks and got up and dusted himself off. Haley and Pioli consistently go to bat for him. Pioli said "No one outside of this organization really knows how great this guy is going to be" and Haley said "I will go into battle any day of the week with him" He is the first to be there in the morning, the last to leave, and has a passion for watching film. I think he got dealt a bad hand last year with the o-line and with all the dropped passes (first in the league) I think we the revamped o line and a strong running game, Cassel will begin to develop into the player we hoped he was when we gave him that contract.

Go Chiefs!
    I agree. I also think that Brandon Flowers could be a dark horse in the sense of being Pro Bowl Caliber player. As for everybody else on the team I think the dark horse could be Studebaker. He showed flashes last year of being a good player for years to come, I think given more starting time and another season in the 3-4 under his belt he could be a really good player.

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by KCINNYC View Post
    I know its not a total dark horse, but I think that Matt Cassel will become a Pro Bowl QB. He took so many sacks and hits last year, (and they REALLY REALLY hurt) and he got up every time and dusted himself off. Haley and Pioli consistently go to bat for him. Pioli said "No one outside of this organization really knows how great this guy is going to be" and Haley said "I will go into battle any day of the week with him" He is the first to be there in the morning, the last to leave, and has a passion for watching film. I think he got dealt a bad hand last year with the o-line and with all the dropped passes (first in the league) I think with the revamped o line and a strong running game, Cassel will begin to develop into the player we hoped he was when we gave him that contract.

Go Chiefs!
    I don't know who to pick as a team Dark Horse at the moment but I would however love to see this scenario with Cassel play out!

This is the year Cassell goes all pro for us. the weapons are there, the coaching is there.

Quote Originally Posted by wichitaj View Post
    This is the year Cassell goes all pro for us. the weapons are there, the coaching is there.
    Depends on how well the "o-line" holds up; even with it's off season acquisitions. I hope you're right.

Tamba

Quote Originally Posted by wichitaj View Post

Depends on whether or not he can decide to get rid of the ball. He had over 40 sacks while behind NE's line too remember.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by jacko58 View Post
    Belcher, with the big neck pad and thick pads boy he looks like a linebacker from the 90s chiefs. i think both belcher and studebaker have a real chance to florrish on this defense with the new coaches
    I agree with Belcher. I think once the game slows down a little for him, he could be a good player for us at a position that needs a lot of help. He was starting to get more and more reps as the year went along.

Brandon Carr. If he gets any safety help this season, he'll be one of the top 2CBs in the NFL.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast