Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fox Sports Lists DJ as one of ten players needing a scenery change

Default Fox Sports Lists DJ as one of ten players needing a scenery change

10 NFL players who could use change of scenery

Also listed is Branden Albert and Glen Dorsey

These are listed as players that need a change a scenery. One line is quite telling:

"When a guy basically patents a ball-punching technique and averages almost 70 tackles a season over six years despite oddly-dwindling playing time, he needs to be on the field for someone. "

I agree and if he is not that guy for the Chiefs, then lets get something for him.

Also, calling Mays a star? Does kind of call into question the writer's mental facilities.

As for Albert:

"Albert’s stats improved as last season drew on, but he still feels out of place at the premier blocking position. His size and mauling ability against the run make him an asset for Jamal Charles and the newly acquired Thomas Jones, so it’s not a change in cities that’s needed here, but a slide down the line. At guard or even right tackle, Albert’s skill set would be better utilized facing lesser rushers and finding more time to bulldoze defenders."
    Last edited by Hayvern; 05-17-2010 at 01:40 PM.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Isn't the most important stat for a ILB tackles? INTs are nice, but I'd rather have someone who doesn't get burned against the run because of playing out of position because of LACK OF FOCUS!

If Crennel can wave his wand and magically turn DJ into a guy who actually makes tackles, then great.
    Perhaps playing under Herm, and then under the completely and totally underwhelming DC we had last year has allowed DJ to get sloppy. We'll see what this year holds, eh?

I like to think that tackles are the most important stat for nearly every defensive player (Except maybe the free safety). Hopefully, the tackling will be better for everyone this year.

Again, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    There's a reason why all the pundits called Berry the next Ed Reed as opposed to the next Troy Polamalu. He's just a natural fit at the FS spot due to his speed, athleticism, and coverage skills. You want him out deep, ballhawking and covering WRs and being the last line of defense.

Shaun Smith played all three 3-4 DL spots in Cleveland, and more of his career (such as it is) has been at 3-4 DE or 4-3 DT than at NT.

And most 3-4 OLBs are converted to DE from college to pros. I meant Hali played 4-3 DE for three years in the pros before being converted to OLB. Most 3-4 OLBs don't do that.
    i think reed has played some SS along with FS...hes just so talented he managed to produce like a FS...but like we both said, id really like berry to be at FS

well we all know that DJ will be around for at least one more season.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123