Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fox Sports Lists DJ as one of ten players needing a scenery change

Default Fox Sports Lists DJ as one of ten players needing a scenery change

10 NFL players who could use change of scenery

Also listed is Branden Albert and Glen Dorsey

These are listed as players that need a change a scenery. One line is quite telling:

"When a guy basically patents a ball-punching technique and averages almost 70 tackles a season over six years despite oddly-dwindling playing time, he needs to be on the field for someone. "

I agree and if he is not that guy for the Chiefs, then lets get something for him.

Also, calling Mays a star? Does kind of call into question the writer's mental facilities.

As for Albert:

"Albert’s stats improved as last season drew on, but he still feels out of place at the premier blocking position. His size and mauling ability against the run make him an asset for Jamal Charles and the newly acquired Thomas Jones, so it’s not a change in cities that’s needed here, but a slide down the line. At guard or even right tackle, Albert’s skill set would be better utilized facing lesser rushers and finding more time to bulldoze defenders."
    Last edited by Hayvern; 05-17-2010 at 01:40 PM.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I dont think that Dorsey or Albert fit on this list.

DJ very much could use a change. He for whatever reason did not fit into Haleys plans a year ago. Unless things have changed and with the new coaching staff they could have I think it would be best for DJ to be moved.

Sorry, but I just don't see where DJ needs a change of scenery either, unless by 'scenery', we're talking about the view from the field as opposed to the bench.

Every time the guy was on the field, he was magic. I'm sure that the Denver game at the end of the year caught Haley's eye, and this writer needs to understand that with a new DC for the team- a GOOD DC- DJ could wind up being on the field a lot this season.

You know what they say about opinions...

Every time the guy was on the field, he was magic.
    I guess he was magically out of position all those times. I like DJ, but until he learns to cover his responsibilities, every play every day, he will not be running with the 1st team.

i dont think this guy knows that this is dorseys 3rd season...he makes it sound like hes been in the league 8 years

dorsey was noticeably one of our better defensive players last year

I agree. You don't say a defensive tackle needs a change of scenery in his third season.

First of all, Dorsey has more tackles in his first two seasons than any DT taken in the first our second round since 2006. true story. In fact, Dorsey has almost as many tackles as some other high profile guys have had in more years. I'm talking solo tackles here. dorsey is NOT struggling comparatively. He is actually excelling for a young DT making the pro transition.

Granted, I would gladly trade Dorsey if we could get first round compensation. He's a tremendous talent, but he isn't the best fit for the scheme, and we could replace him with someone more built for a 5 technique available in round 2 or 3, and use that first round pick on a true #1 WR or LB.

I don't think a change of scenery would help DJ. The only thing that can help Dj is him deciding to be the best player her can be - putting in the work and being disciplined on the field.

I like DJ and always have, but it's true that he's never lived up to his billing, and has no one but himself to blame.

He still could though, he's not old.

I still think that we will draft a new left tackle and move Albert to guard when Waters retires (next year).
    Last edited by SAPHOJUNKIE; 05-17-2010 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Sorry, but I just don't see where DJ needs a change of scenery either, unless by 'scenery', we're talking about the view from the field as opposed to the bench.

Every time the guy was on the field, he was magic. I'm sure that the Denver game at the end of the year caught Haley's eye, and this writer needs to understand that with a new DC for the team- a GOOD DC- DJ could wind up being on the field a lot this season.

Oh come on, we're you even watching the same games as me? DJ was a joke about half the time he was on the field.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I don't like this article one bit. Albert and Doresy just got here.

DJ is going to get better with Romeo here.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post

If DJ can do what haley wants and be on the field I would love to see him stay a chief. But for some reason last season he couldnt and if that keeps going then he and the chiefs would be better off parting ways.

It's amazing how many players we have playing out of their natural positions. The article mentioned Albert, Dorsey, and DJ. Whichever of Page and Berry start as SS will be playing out of position. So will McCluster. Shaun Smith is more of a 3-4 DE, and Ron Edwards is a 4-3 DT. Hali is a converted 4-3 DE (although he converted extremely well). That's seven starting positions (including 3WR) in all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast