Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Players are Buying Into the Chiefs System, I don't care what anyone says

Default The Players are Buying Into the Chiefs System, I don't care what anyone says

The fact that all but one (Page, who still hasn't signed) are attending VOLUNTARY OTAs says a lot about the mentality of this team.

Now bring all the negative posts .

Insider Blog: A Year Makes A Difference

the only thing im hesitant about is rudy taking 1st team reps at center..i dont want him as our center, AT ALL

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Haha sorry...took a couple seconds off at work to post this article.

"The Players are Buying Into the Chiefs System, I don't Care What Anyone Says" might be a litte more appropriate.
    I like it.

I love the excitement. I'm afraid Page is burning bridges with the Chiefs by not being in camp.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    I love the excitement. I'm afraid Page is burning bridges with the Chiefs by not being in camp.
    I am pretty sure I read an interview with Page saying he was ready for the 2010 season and that he and Flowers really liked working out with Berry before the draft.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    The fact that all but one (Page, who still hasn't signed) are attending VOLUNTARY OTAs says a lot about the mentality of this team.

Now bring all the negative posts .

Insider Blog: A Year Makes A Difference

Why are you expecting negative posts. The only people who would whine are the people who didn't give Haley a chance last year and jumped to conclusions that the players hated Haley because he yelled at them for sucking. They were to used to losing. As they got better he didn't yell as much.

I will tell you this. Page needs to get his butt signed and in camp. If he thinks his job is safe, because he be wrong. Specially if he does not sign his tender looking for a bigger contract.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I am pretty sure I read an interview with Page saying he was ready for the 2010 season and that he and Flowers really liked working out with Berry before the draft.
    It was on his twitter page. Regardless that does not put him at OTA's and for a postion the Chiefs clearly looked to upgrade in.

I too think he is on thin ice.

Ah, that title makes more sense!

I don't think the Chiefs brass are going to be all that concerned when a restricted free agent (who would have been an UFA in a capped year) hasn't signed his tender, especially when he was just replaced in the draft.

this isn't an issue of the player "not being on board." it's business.

Just remember that he isn't under contract. It isn't like Andre Johnson, who has FIVE YEARS left on his contract. Page isn't "holding out." He hasn't officially joined the team yet, so I don't think it's altogether terrible that he's absent.

I don't think Page is on thin ice, personally. I certainly don't think he's our free safety, but he works hard, he's a talented player, and he'll make a great strong safety or backup.

BY THE WAY

If any of you are thinking that the hiring of Weis and Crennel is not DIRECTLY responsible for the players, especially the vets like Waters and Vrabel, being happy and present at these OTAs, you're missing the point.

Instead of having idiots like Krumrie yelling at them, or having their coordinators argue with the head coach about philosophy, they are staring at 9 super bowl rings hand-in-hand with Haley. there is finally cohesion in the coaching ranks. Talented, experienced, proven coaches who all are on the same page.

It's a big deal.
    Last edited by SAPHOJUNKIE; 05-18-2010 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Why are you expecting negative posts. The only people who would whine are the people who didn't give Haley a chance last year and jumped to conclusions that the players hated Haley because he yelled at them for sucking. They were to used to losing. As they got better he didn't yell as much.

I will tell you this. Page needs to get his butt signed and in camp. If he thinks his job is safe, because he be wrong. Specially if he does not sign his tender looking for a bigger contract.
    Todd Haley made alot of mistakes in his first season as a Head Coach. And he definitely made enemies of several of the players. He managed to salvage some bad relationships. But he also failed to salvage some.

There is nothing negative about saying that. It's what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    Ah, that title makes more sense!

I don't think the Chiefs brass are going to be all that concerned when a restricted free agent (who would have been an UFA in a capped year) hasn't signed his tender, especially when he was just replaced in the draft.

this isn't an issue of the player "not being on board." it's business.

Just remember that he isn't under contract. It isn't like Andre Johnson, who has FIVE YEARS left on his contract. Page isn't "holding out." He hasn't officially joined the team yet, so I don't think it's altogether terrible that he's absent.

I don't think Page is on thin ice, personally. I certainly don't think he's our free safety, but he works hard, he's a talented player, and he'll make a great strong safety or backup.

BY THE WAY

If any of you are thinking that the hiring of Weis and Crennel is not DIRECTLY responsible for the players, especially the vets like Waters and Vrabel, being happy and present at these OTAs, you're missing the point.

Instead of having idiots like Krumrie yelling at them, or having their coordinators argue with the head coach about philosophy, they are staring at 9 super bowl rings hand-in-hand with Haley. there is finally cohesion in the coaching ranks. Talented, experienced, proven coaches who all are on the same page.

It's a big deal.
    I have not heard an update recently, but there was some reports that Page was still injured from last year. That would explain a lot as to why he is not with the team and why he has not resigned.

There is no hurry and if he is injured still, then his spot will be as open for him as any other injured player out there.

In February he did work out, and he is saying he feels great, but there is a difference with what the player is saying and what the trainers say.

time

Still, we let go the wrong safety last year.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Todd Haley made alot of mistakes in his first season as a Head Coach. And he definitely made enemies of several of the players. He managed to salvage some bad relationships. But he also failed to salvage some.

There is nothing negative about saying that. It's what happened.
    What players????

LJ... I would side with Haley on that one.

Waters???? That was before the season started and that was Waters fault for just showing up and expecting them to talk contracts. I can not go into my bosses office during the middle the day without setting up a meeting and demand for them to give me a raise or move me to a different team. I don't care who you are or how much respect the fans thinks he deserves. Point of that arguement. Haley did win two games with anyone off the street. I side with Haley and Pioli. Clearly they worked things out before the season even started.

Bobby Wade??? They guy openly and on TV erupted when Haley called him out for making a mistake. I side with Haley.

The biggest mistake he made was claiming himself as OC. Other than that, any mistake he made towards a player is probably a player with has a Me Me losing attitude and is not needed on this team.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast