Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Players are Buying Into the Chiefs System, I don't care what anyone says

Default The Players are Buying Into the Chiefs System, I don't care what anyone says

The fact that all but one (Page, who still hasn't signed) are attending VOLUNTARY OTAs says a lot about the mentality of this team.

Now bring all the negative posts .

Insider Blog: A Year Makes A Difference

Watch out Charger's,I see a big win on Monday Night football.31 to 14 win.At least I hope.Time to get this party started.I have a filling this is going to be a pretty good year for the Chiefs.Keep those Chiefs players away from the groupies and everything will be fine.lol

Quote Originally Posted by kckidd8870 View Post
    Watch out Charger's,I see a big win on Monday Night football.31 to 14 win.At least I hope.Time to get this party started.I have a filling this is going to be a pretty good year for the Chiefs.Keep those Chiefs players away from the groupies and everything will be fine.lol
    I see a win to. Maybe not a big win but this is one that we can win. With the slow starting chargers at home. I really can't wait for this game.

The game is at 9 PM...Arrowhead is going to be pretty much liquored up and pissed off by kick off. I think the crowd puts us over the top!
    Resident Ambassador!

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    Chief31, I understand what you're saying, and you have points, but if you're going to live by the semantics, then you die by the semantics.

What is an "enemy?" Can you go ahead and define that?

because if an "enemy" is someone who yells at Haley, then Kurt Warner was an enemy. Except that Kurt Warner consistently said that Haley was the reason they were successful, and would text him several times a night about ideas. Who, then?

Haley is abrasive and yells. so did Cowher. Players yell back. Haley isn't kicking them off the field for yelling back. He's kicking them off the field for being fat, lazy, unprepared, and blowing assignments. I think Haley LIKES players who get pissed off. I think he wants a little grit. Just freaking do your job.
    <Enemy>1 : one that is antagonistic to another; especially : one seeking to injure, overthrow, or confound an opponent
    Enemy - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

<Antagonize>1 a : opposition of a conflicting force, tendency, or principle
    Antagonism - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

I am speaking plain english here. I shouldn't be defending the meaning of reasonably common words of the language that we all use.

If someone is opposing you, then by the definition of the word "enemy", they are your enemy during that opposition. Rather it is your own kids, your wife, your best friend, or whoever.

And, as far as who was making an enemy of whom, that can be stated either way, as they made enemies of each other by opposing one another.

Am I arguing semantics? Yes. Because that is where Seek has chosen to go with this. Challenging the semantics of my statement will often get me to argue semantics with ya.

I said that Todd Haley made enemies of some of his players.

And then everyone challenges the meaning of the word "enemy" while making a fuss that I am arguing semantics? (I am not going to have to define "semantics" here, am I?)

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    <Enemy>1 : one that is antagonistic to another; especially : one seeking to injure, overthrow, or confound an opponent
    Enemy - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

<Antagonize>1 a : opposition of a conflicting force, tendency, or principle
    Antagonism - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

I am speaking plain english here. I shouldn't be defending the meaning of reasonably common words of the language that we all use.

If someone is opposing you, then by the definition of the word "enemy", they are your enemy during that opposition. Rather it is your own kids, your wife, your best friend, or whoever.

And, as far as who was making an enemy of whom, that can be stated either way, as they made enemies of each other by opposing one another.

Am I arguing semantics? Yes. Because that is where Seek has chosen to go with this. Challenging the semantics of my statement will often get me to argue semantics with ya.

I said that Todd Haley made enemies of some of his players.

And then everyone challenges the meaning of the word "enemy" while making a fuss that I am arguing semantics? (I am not going to have to define "semantics" here, am I?)
    No but you probably will.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

One could also say that opposing sides of an argument would be opponents. But you can call them enemies if it makes your ridiculous argument sound reasonable.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    One could also say that opposing sides of an argument would be opponents. But you can call them enemies if it makes your ridiculous argument sound reasonable.
    I guess that makes half the Chiefs Team enemies against each other. The offense and defense are constantly opposing of conflicting force.

My dictionary says
    en-e-my n. One who feels hatred toward, intends, injury to, or oppposes the interest of another foe. 2. A hostile power of force.

I guess D-Bowe as Haley's enemy was trying to kill Haley by dumping cool aid on him, and after failing to do that sufficate him with a bear hug and doing so with a smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I guess that makes half the Chiefs Team enemies against each other. The offense and defense are constantly opposing of conflicting force.

My dictionary says
    en-e-my n. One who feels hatred toward, intends, injury to, or oppposes the interest of another foe. 2. A hostile power of force.

I guess D-Bowe as Haley's enemy was trying to kill Haley by dumping cool aid on him, and after failing to do that sufficate him with a bear hug and doing so with a smile.
    Right on.

I think the real point is that EVERY team has stupid little fights between coach and players. It's the nature of the game. To make a big deal about it is silly. It's your typical everyday disagreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post

My dictionary says

It was the perfect crime. D bowe is an evil genius

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Right on.

I think the real point is that EVERY team has stupid little fights between coach and players. It's the nature of the game. To make a big deal about it is silly. It's your typical everyday disagreement.
    Little fights happen every week in the NFL. It just gets blown up when the tv camaras catch it.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast