Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 61 to 68 of 68

Thread: The Players are Buying Into the Chiefs System, I don't care what anyone says

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,959
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default The Players are Buying Into the Chiefs System, I don't care what anyone says


    0 Not allowed!
    The fact that all but one (Page, who still hasn't signed) are attending VOLUNTARY OTAs says a lot about the mentality of this team.

    Now bring all the negative posts .

    Insider Blog: A Year Makes A Difference
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  2. #61
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    So opposite sides of an argument are "enemies"? Not opponents.

    Brilliant!!
    I reread the whole thread. (Not really. I already know the answer to this.)

    Where did I say that the word "Opponents" wouldn't work?

    Oh yeah. You like to misread things.

    Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    Think about it! Are you married or have a girlfriend? I disagree with my wife as she does with me! That dont make us enemies! Think about the context of what is said and take it in stride!
    If you choose to believe that he word doesn't fit there, then fine. But Merriam-Webster's disagrees.

    By their primary definition of the word, your wife and yourself are enemies during opposition.

    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    to me Chief31 is a chiefs fan, and loves this team. That is all that matters. I could care less of disputing this any further because it is really means nothing.

    The only point I was trying to make was that Todd Haley did not make as many enemies as the media tried to make it. Defining what is a enemy is irrelavant. He did ruffle feather but that was needed. If anyone wants to be negative about him making enemies, just wants to be negative about the coach because they don't like his methods. Plain and simple.

    This team still has holes, we all know that, but unlike Herms plan, we can all see the plan in the works.
    Agreed, and thanks, Seek. I feel the same with regards to being like-minded about The Chiefs.

    I don't carry any ill regard toward fellow fans for choosing to look past problems, or just having faith that things will work themselves out.

    And, while I may often disagree with members here, I still respect each one of you.

    Some will become irritating at times (I am certain that I become irritating to many, often.) But, when it's all said and done, we both love this team. And we both want The Chiefs to do well. Even if it is someone who is just following ya around and complaining, no matter what ya write,
    ( ) I don't hate.

  3. #62
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,405
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 64

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    More posting please, this is a fun read!

  4. #63
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,043
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 246
    Given: 436

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post

    More posting please, this is a fun read!
    Yup, I love this thread!


  5. #64
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I reread the whole thread. (Not really. I already know the answer to this.)

    Where did I say that the word "Opponents" wouldn't work?

    Oh yeah. You like to misread things.


    Never said that it wouldn't work, its just that people who speak the english langage properly wouldn't usually use the word enemies to describe opposing sides of an argument.



    If you choose to believe that he word doesn't fit there, then fine. But Merriam-Webster's disagrees.

    At least someone does.

    By their primary definition of the word, your wife and yourself are enemies during opposition.



    Agreed, and thanks, Seek. I feel the same with regards to being like-minded about The Chiefs.

    I don't carry any ill regard toward fellow fans for choosing to look past problems, or just having faith that things will work themselves out.

    And, while I may often disagree with members here, I still respect each one of you.

    Some will become irritating at times (I am certain that I become irritating to many, often.) But, when it's all said and done, we both love this team. And we both want The Chiefs to do well. Even if it is someone who is just following ya around and complaining, no matter what ya write,
    ( ) I don't hate.
    No, you don't hate!! Its funny how I am the one following you around. Several people have posted in this thread but I am the one who follows you around. What is your obsession with me? Or does it bother you that we are enemies in this thread. Or maybe it is just opposing sides of an argument!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  6. #65
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,043
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 246
    Given: 436

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I think we have witnessed an irresistible force collide with an immovable object.


  7. #66
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura, Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    to me Chief31 is a chiefs fan, and loves this team. That is all that matters. I could care less of disputing this any further because it is really means nothing.

    The only point I was trying to make was that Todd Haley did not make as many enemies as the media tried to make it. Defining what is a enemy is irrelavant. He did ruffle feather but that was needed. If anyone wants to be negative about him making enemies, just wants to be negative about the coach because they don't like his methods. Plain and simple.

    This team still has holes, we all know that, but unlike Herms plan, we can all see the plan in the works.
    Enemies with the players? I am not sure about that, but he sure did not have their respect last year, which is more problematic than making enemies.

    I can be your enemy and respect you, but if I have no respect for you, then nothing you say or do will ever have an impact on me.

    I believe that is what happened last year, and by some of the statements I read from players on the team, it is at least partially confirmed.

    I also do believe that things were said by Cardinals players during the pro-bowl that fired up the-former-chiefs-player-who-shall-remain-nameless and Waters.

    Hopefully he (Haley) has turned that corner though and he has regained some respect.


    Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

  8. #67
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I didnt see any disrespect. they played there as$es off for him right up until the end of the season. I saw argument and disagreements, but I dont think there is a team in the NFL that does not have the exact same problems. Put 60 guys together for a season and i promise you they wont get along all the time!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  9. #68
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas city, MO
    Posts
    2,242
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I agree with Canada. No way they play that hard if Haley doesn't have their respect. You might not like his style but don't be like Fatlock and fabricate something that isn't true.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Similar Threads

  1. Buying from KCChiefs.com?
    By honda522 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-09-2009, 05:21 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-21-2009, 03:23 PM
  3. Chiefs Emergency Warning System
    By tornadospotter in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 04-03-2008, 07:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •