Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Players are Buying Into the Chiefs System, I don't care what anyone says

Default The Players are Buying Into the Chiefs System, I don't care what anyone says

The fact that all but one (Page, who still hasn't signed) are attending VOLUNTARY OTAs says a lot about the mentality of this team.

Now bring all the negative posts .

Insider Blog: A Year Makes A Difference

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Yeah, but Chief31 likes to argue semantics to prove himself right. There must be more people who are his enemies because he argued with someone!!
    And Canada likes to follow me around like a lost puppy, but doesn't read past a paragraph to understand anything being said.

You are a hero to us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Making enemies with the players is pure speculation based on Negative opinions.

I am not saying he didn't, but there was NOTHING reported to say he did other than LJ.
    Bernard Pollard. That's two. That makes players, plural. No negative opinion to it. They got into a shouting match on the sideline, then Pollard was promptly released.

It doesn't matter who reported it, or opted not to report it. That is irrelevant because we all witnessed it.

Brian Waters tried to get traded after his first discussion with Todd Haley. For a brief time, he had made an enemy of Waters.

Right or wrong, love it or hate it, he did make enemies of some of his players. And saying that he did is comparable to making note that the grass in my yard is green. It's just stating the obvious.

Why you want to break down how deep the shade of green is is beyond me. Emerald green, forest green, mint green... it's still green.

Semantics.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    And Canada likes to follow me around like a lost puppy, but doesn't read past a paragraph to understand anything being said.

Brilliant response.

Why does it bother you so much that people like me?

Bernard Pollard. That's two. That makes players, plural. No negative opinion to it. They got into a shouting match on the sideline, then Pollard was promptly released.

It doesn't matter who reported it, or opted not to report it. That is irrelevant because we all witnessed it.

Brian Waters tried to get traded after his first discussion with Todd Haley. For a brief time, he had made an enemy of Waters.

Right or wrong, love it or hate it, he did make enemies of some of his players. And saying that he did is comparable to making note that the grass in my yard is green. It's just stating the obvious.

Why you want to break down how deep the shade of green is is beyond me. Emerald green, forest green, mint green... it's still green.
    So if you ague with someone, they are your enemy? I just want to understand exactly what you typed. I argued with my mom once but we have never been enemies. I think you try too hard to find things wrong. Lighten up man.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I've yelled at coaches, teammates, fellow coworkers, family, and some of you nitwits on here, but none these people I mentioned are my enemies. People don't always see head to head, but that's far from being enemies. Simple misunderstandings can blow up in the heat of the moment, but you move past them without instantly becoming "enemies".

I yelled and argued at both of my sons yesterday. They were not listening and back talked me. They both woke up this morning loving me and hugging on me. The youngest refused to let me leave him at day care and cried when I left. Is he my enemy?

Pollard, showed he wasn't about the team. Pollard made enemies with his boss and was fired for it.

LJ showed he wasn't about the team. He quit made enemies with his boss, publicly called him out and was fired.

Those are what you call cancers in the locker room. Clearly this draft shows that type of player this team is looking for and it is not those type of players. Last season was a weeding season.

I couldn't agree more with Seek. There is a huge difference between candor, which is a great trait to have within any organization, and a player that is acting as a cancer to the team.

If only Bernard Pollard, Larry Johnson, Bobby Wade and Brian Waters (Temporarily), he had bad relationships with some of the players.

But there are more, most have already been mentioned here, that he certainly appeared to have done this with.

But, regardless of how many players this happened with, if was more than one, then he made enemies of some of the players.

Even if what he did to make a player an enemy was the right thing to do, and it was all the player's fault, he still made enemies of some of the players.

Did he make enemies of some of his players?
    All players hate coaches to a certain degree. Coaches push players to the max sometimes and they don't like it.

They may hate the coach as a coach....like DJ or whatever, but there are players LJ who call them out and don't like them as a person.

Very few players on this team hate Todd as a person...probably none, cause the one that did is gone and still hating.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

people are crazy not to think that there wont be arguments ever again..
    Some players will not like the new coaching regime, some will. Some players will be cut because they can't "get along" it's like that with any job, not just football.
    We got a new GM at my work, there has been 3 peoplegone the first 3 weeks just because they didnt want to be compliant.. Its not just football.

Chief31, I understand what you're saying, and you have points, but if you're going to live by the semantics, then you die by the semantics.

What is an "enemy?" Can you go ahead and define that?

because if an "enemy" is someone who yells at Haley, then Kurt Warner was an enemy. Except that Kurt Warner consistently said that Haley was the reason they were successful, and would text him several times a night about ideas. Who, then?

Haley is abrasive and yells. so did Cowher. Players yell back. Haley isn't kicking them off the field for yelling back. He's kicking them off the field for being fat, lazy, unprepared, and blowing assignments. I think Haley LIKES players who get pissed off. I think he wants a little grit. Just freaking do your job.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I've yelled at coaches, teammates, fellow coworkers, family, and some of you nitwits on here, but none these people I mentioned are my enemies. People don't always see head to head, but that's far from being enemies. Simple misunderstandings can blow up in the heat of the moment, but you move past them without instantly becoming "enemies".

Im your enemy. Lol just kiddin had to throw that in there.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast