Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: huge differance between 09 & 10 oc/weiss

Default huge differance between 09 & 10 oc/weiss

letting go of chan gailey just prior to the 09 season. was a huge setback as far as timing and the players comfortability in the offense.along with a new quarterback,head coach,young players and disgruntled veterans(lj) the chiefs offense was at a huge disadvantage for most of the year.spring forward to the upcoming 10 season.not only is weiss a huge upgrade over gailey or haley doing both duties(head coach&oc). but the players will be way ahead of where they were last year come week 1 of the regular season.throw into the mix an upgraded o-line for the most part a young running back with confidence. a veteran rb like jones. a qb with 1 year under his belt in the system. and a promising explosive player like mccluster chambers returning for a full year and i think this will be a great offense.so did haley have this planned all along with weiss as there systems are replicas of each others well he could have . but we atleast know he forseen the future with gailey and knew that it needed to be changed for the better.and to get 4 wins and the offense clicking towards the end of the year. is definantly progress in player development and team chemistry.did we get all the pieces in place well probably not.but rest assure chiefs fans there already is a big differance between this year and last year for the better

I totally agree with you! I think Weiss and the team will be in much better shape this year.

But please use some punctuation to break that up in the future! :)

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    I totally agree with you! I think Weiss and the team will be in much better shape this year.

But please use some punctuation to break that up in the future! :)
    yeah it looks bad.i was at the airport when i typed it up. on a cell phone after hours of delayed flights and a brutal work week.oh and i am not a writer or columnist i am a roughneck.

The offense should be much more like the season ending game in denver then the rest of the season. Thats going to help the whole team out. Cant wait to see it.

pioli and haley both said that it would take a year to get the coaching staff the way they wanted it...i know last year they wanted crennel but he took a year off after surgery i think...and they might have seen the weis' firing coming and gailey was supposed to be a stand in until they got the guy they wanted

I think the firing of Gailey was a big problem, last year for our offense, and I've been very critical to Pioli for that, but with our new coaches I feel we will once again be competitive. I am real excited about what they have done this off season.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    I think the firing of Gailey was a big problem, last year for our offense, and I've been very critical to Pioli for that, but with our new coaches I feel we will once again be competitive. I am real excited about what they have done this off season.
    it was a huge problem last year. but it was for the better for the players that are returning this year, it gave them a year to learn the system other than keeping gailey only to fire him and start all over this year.haley and weises offensive philosophy are very compatible go chiefs.

I can't wait to see our line develop more. I am also looking forward to the 1-2 punch of Jones and Charles. We are back to hopefully having an offense that is fun to watch every game.

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    yeah it looks bad.i was at the airport when i typed it up. on a cell phone after hours of delayed flights and a brutal work week.oh and i am not a writer or columnist i am a roughneck.
    Ah, those mobile posts.

No worries!

look at the teams that fired their offensive coordinators shortly before the season opener.chiefs,bills and bucs none of their offenses started to click. really ours was the only one that started to show any kind of promise.this year will be a dramatic differance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast