Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: D-Bowe says way too much

Default D-Bowe says way too much

Dwayne Bowe lets a rather large cat out of the bag | ProFootballTalk.com

Not sure if anyone has seen this or not but why would he bring this up? just stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Dudes...this was 3 years ago according to this artcile.

Chiefs Coach, Dwayne Bowe Had 'Long Conversation' - Arrowhead Pride

Either way, I give 2 sh!ts less about what he said...Someone asked, and he told. time to get over it.

What he said is something only teammates and other NFL players might have to worry about....to the general public, this means nothing.
    your saying if he gets suspended or causes a distraction that is no big deal? well thats just moronic.. moral of the story is this doesnt need to be brought up.. how many teammates or ex-teammates just got thrown under the bus or now has to deal with their wife nagging at them for this

Quote Originally Posted by diehardkcfan View Post
    your saying if he gets suspended or causes a distraction that is no big deal? well thats just moronic.. moral of the story is this doesnt need to be brought up.. how many teammates or ex-teammates just got thrown under the bus or now has to deal with their wife nagging at them for this
    What's to be suspended for? According to the story, Bowe didn't partake in anything and he didn't name anyone who did.

Poor decision to speak of this to the press. And a slight chance of causing minor, temporary issues in the lockerrom. But not a damn thing to be in trouble from the league for as far as I can see.

What are you going to suspend him for.

Its only a distraction if you let it be. He talked about what happened one time. Last time I checked, telling stories about the past isn't a crime.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

all im saying is with the whole big ben thing and a few years back the minnesota "love" boat thing why bring it up? me personally if i were involved in "importing women" i wouldnt want some dude to go tell everybody the f-ing story.. i wouldnt be able to trust the guy who opened his mouth.. kinda like when there is a fight in the locker room you dont run out to the press and let everyone know there was a fight.. i know different sport but mike sweeney threatened to fight whoever told the press that griffey jr. was sleeping during the game.. not being able to trust your fellow teammate can be a bit of a problem.. trust and communication is rather important aspect of being apart of a team

all im saying is with the whole big ben thing and a few years back the minnesota "love" boat thing why bring it up? me personally if i were involved in "importing women" i wouldnt want some dude to go tell everybody the f-ing story.. i wouldnt be able to trust the guy who opened his mouth.. kinda like when there is a fight in the locker room you dont run out to the press and let everyone know there was a fight.. i know different sport but mike sweeney threatened to fight whoever told the press that griffey jr. was sleeping during the game.. not being able to trust your fellow teammate can be a bit of a problem.. trust and communication is rather important aspect of being apart of a team
    Agreed. Poor decision on Bowe's part.

Well, loose lips sink ships. Distractions to a player can happen from family issues. Now you may have wives wondering about it, and questioning their husbands about this, distraction, even if a player never had anything to do with it! Still can causes a problem at home, so a distraction from the team, causes problems with teammates! DB better close his lips, and learn to hang on to the ball! He has a lot to prove yet!
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 05-23-2010 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    What's to be suspended for? According to the story, Bowe didn't partake in anything and he didn't name anyone who did.

Poor decision to speak of this to the press. And a slight chance of causing minor, temporary issues in the lockerrom. But not a damn thing to be in trouble from the league for as far as I can see.
    You are so wrong here, go back and read his comments, then put your self in as an older member of the team, your wife reads this, and she is wondering, just who is the older team member, and if it is you, how do you know where to get these girls, and why! But then it may have been lj, that did it.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Well, loose lips sink ships. Distractions to a player can happen from family issues. Now you may have wives wondering about it, and questioning their husbands about this, distraction, even if a player never had anything to do with it! Still can causes a problem at home, so a distraction from the team, causes problems with teammates! DB better close his lips, and learn to hang on to the ball! He has a lot to prove yet!
    True, it doesn't take proof in today's society; merely an accusation or the appearance of impropriety to irreparably damage a reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    You are so wrong here, go back and read his comments, then put your self in as an older member of the team, your wife reads this, and she is wondering, just who is the older team member, and if it is you, how do you know where to get these girls, and why! But then it may have been lj, that did it.
    True. I suppose there is a better than slight chance of issues with teammates. But probably still minor issues overall. As far as teammates holding any kind of grudge against Bowe.

Look at it from Bowe's point of view. (Whether it did or didn't happen is irrelevant, but where there is smoke there is usually fire.) He claimed he had a girlfriend and wanted nothing to do with what was going on and many of you have said a bunch of other athletes are going to have hell to pay with their significant others. Sounds like a trust and communication breakdown on the other end to me. If I had teammates putting me in situations like that without my consent I wouldn't have much trust or respect for them. Bowe isn't the only one causing potential locker room stress, the people that initiated the mess and the people that allowed it to happen are equally responsible.

On a side note, I'm not sure why people are this concerned anyway. It's not like it's a shocker. Everybody knows successful men in the national spotlight get all the women they could ever want, Bowe just repeated what's been said throughout history. Big deal.

Thanks Aussie!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast