Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: D-Bowe says way too much

Default D-Bowe says way too much

Dwayne Bowe lets a rather large cat out of the bag | ProFootballTalk.com

Not sure if anyone has seen this or not but why would he bring this up? just stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    Look at it from Bowe's point of view. (Whether it did or didn't happen is irrelevant, but where there is smoke there is usually fire.) He claimed he had a girlfriend and wanted nothing to do with what was going on and many of you have said a bunch of other athletes are going to have hell to pay with their significant others. Sounds like a trust and communication breakdown on the other end to me. If I had teammates putting me in situations like that without my consent I wouldn't have much trust or respect for them. Bowe isn't the only one causing potential locker room stress, the people that initiated the mess and the people that allowed it to happen are equally responsible.

On a side note, I'm not sure why people are this concerned anyway. It's not like it's a shocker. Everybody knows successful men in the national spotlight get all the women they could ever want, Bowe just repeated what's been said throughout history. Big deal.
    Guess none read my post from earlier. Read an article said he said that during an interview in 2007.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Guess none read my post from earlier. Read an article said he said that during an interview in 2007.
    Good point; one would hope that it is water under the bridge at this point in time.

Not so much of a nothing story after all. On the front page of ESPN....... When will this clown grow up? He's beginning to irritate the heck out of me with his mouth as well as his hands!!!

Kansas City Chiefs mum on Dwayne Bowe's 'importing' comments - ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I developed what I said earlier from your article...

I'm just asking for a little empathy because Bowe isn't the bad guy that most people are making him out to be. If an athlete wants to import women, fine, but keep it personal. If you get the entire team involved you have to expect that not everybody is going to go along with it and eventually the story is going to get out.

Thanks Aussie!

Dwayne Bowe isn't the bad guy? Bustin on his teammates about something that in my mind would be common sense to not open your mouth about!! Seems extremely stupid to me and makes the players and organization look like crap! I'm begging them to trade this guy! He will end up letting his mouth overload his *ss before to long. Let him take his PED's, big mouth, lack of catching ability/ work ethic and whiney attitude somewhere else. He is no help to our team! Didn't work for LJ why should we allow it from this clown?

I am starting to feel sorry for D-Bowe.

I keep watching the news and all the media can do is drag this thing out even longer. Sure he said something dumb, but why is he being stuck with it 3 years later?

Whats done is done, and done over 3 years ago. The media needs to cut this BS out. They shouldn't allow media in the locker room if they are creating controversy.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Dwayne Bowe isn't the bad guy? Bustin on his teammates about something that in my mind would be common sense to not open your mouth about!! Seems extremely stupid to me and makes the players and organization look like crap! I'm begging them to trade this guy! He will end up letting his mouth overload his *ss before to long. Let him take his PED's, big mouth, lack of catching ability/ work ethic and whiney attitude somewhere else. He is no help to our team! Didn't work for LJ why should we allow it from this clown?
    Lets drop this incident smack down in a different situation. Pretend a good ol' middle aged, married, God fearing man is out with his buddies for a night. They decide to surprise him with a hooker. Chances are he's not going to be happy about it and he's not going to keep mum. Somebody is going to find out and word is going to get out so that everybody involved is going to have to face the consequences. If you don't want to deal with the consequences, you don't hope everybody holds their tongue, you don't do it in the first place.

The primary difference is that Bowe has to answer to the national media. It's not like he went out of his way to crucify his teammates. He didn't even drop names. Somebody asked and he slipped. The way he said it made it sound like it wasn't a big deal. I'll be the first to say that admitting something like that to a public news outlet isn't very tactful, but mistakes happen. The solution isn't to ship off every single loose lipped player, if that were the case there wouldn't be a Kansas City Chiefs. The solution is to "handle it internally" and stock the roster with character guys so that these incidents can be avoided, both of which are already happening.

Bowe was suspended because of a diuretic he used. For all we know he was trying to get on Haley's good graces and maintain weight. Given that he's still on the roster we should be fairly confident that's the case. His mouth isn't big. I'm beginning to think you didn't actually read his interview, if you had, you'd see that it really isn't. Plus, he's been avoiding the media, he was nowhere to be found after OTA's today unlike LJ who would use that as venue to cause more problems. His attitude isn't awful, he may have been somewhat of a diva, though most reports claim that the new brass fixed that just like they're fixing DJ's. He doesn't lack catching ability, he lacks consistency. Go watch some of the games last year. Heck, I was sitting not more than 100 feet away of his TD catch against Sandy where he was falling out of the end zone, I'm pretty sure it made ESPN's top plays too. He had one of the best rookie seasons in the history of the league and a solid second year all with a revolving door of mediocre quarterbacks. Then we traded away Tony, adopted a new offensive scheme right before the season started, brought in a new quarterback without the means to allow him to be confident let alone successful. Disaster was a given after that.

Now we've got a decent number 2, a legitimate running game, an improved line and hopefully a safety valve/possession receiver(s) in form of McCluster, Urban, Moeaki and maybe even Cottam or Pope. We've got a new coordinator who is going to get the best from his players, we've got an excited team and an excited coach whereas last year we heard nothing except how fractured this team was and how much of a project it was to work with. Before the 2009 season the sky was the limit with Bowe, he was put in a position to fail last year. Deal him to another team and you can have fun every Sunday witnessing the birth of a superstar.

Thanks Aussie!

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

I agree that Bowe has had, somewhat, of a tough road his first few years in the league. What concerns me is that he does tend to run his mouth a bit. Dont get me wrong! I love the guy and his potential! Although, his mouth was not nipped in the bud from his rookie year! When you come out of college and while in your first camp or during a great rookie season, cant remember when, you break out with the D-Bowe Show? Someone should have sat him down and told him "prove yourself first then you can talk smack"! Miles Austin took every advantage of his season after how many years on the practice squad? I never heard him talking smack! I dont even remember him talking anything after dropping 200+ yards on us. I dont remember Tony Gonzales talking anything until he proved himself. Wheres Kellen Winslow jr now? He talked all kinds of crap that he was better than Tony and everyone else. I could go on with more examples but I digress! Again, dont get me wrong! I want the D-BowetoShow this season! Not just for my sake, but for the fans, the team and his self! Show us before you talk! please? jmo

Lets drop this incident smack down in a different situation. Pretend a good ol' middle aged, married, God fearing man is out with his buddies for a night. They decide to surprise him with a hooker. Chances are he's not going to be happy about it and he's not going to keep mum. Somebody is going to find out and word is going to get out so that everybody involved is going to have to face the consequences. If you don't want to deal with the consequences, you don't hope everybody holds their tongue, you don't do it in the first place.

The primary difference is that Bowe has to answer to the national media. It's not like he went out of his way to crucify his teammates. He didn't even drop names. Somebody asked and he slipped. The way he said it made it sound like it wasn't a big deal. I'll be the first to say that admitting something like that to a public news outlet isn't very tactful, but mistakes happen. The solution isn't to ship off every single loose lipped player, if that were the case there wouldn't be a Kansas City Chiefs. The solution is to "handle it internally" and stock the roster with character guys so that these incidents can be avoided, both of which are already happening.

Bowe was suspended because of a diuretic he used. For all we know he was trying to get on Haley's good graces and maintain weight. Given that he's still on the roster we should be fairly confident that's the case. His mouth isn't big. I'm beginning to think you didn't actually read his interview, if you had, you'd see that it really isn't. Plus, he's been avoiding the media, he was nowhere to be found after OTA's today unlike LJ who would use that as venue to cause more problems. His attitude isn't awful, he may have been somewhat of a diva, though most reports claim that the new brass fixed that just like they're fixing DJ's. He doesn't lack catching ability, he lacks consistency. Go watch some of the games last year. Heck, I was sitting not more than 100 feet away of his TD catch against Sandy where he was falling out of the end zone, I'm pretty sure it made ESPN's top plays too. He had one of the best rookie seasons in the history of the league and a solid second year all with a revolving door of mediocre quarterbacks. Then we traded away Tony, adopted a new offensive scheme right before the season started, brought in a new quarterback without the means to allow him to be confident let alone successful. Disaster was a given after that.

Now we've got a decent number 2, a legitimate running game, an improved line and hopefully a safety valve/possession receiver(s) in form of McCluster, Urban, Moeaki and maybe even Cottam or Pope. We've got a new coordinator who is going to get the best from his players, we've got an excited team and an excited coach whereas last year we heard nothing except how fractured this team was and how much of a project it was to work with. Before the 2009 season the sky was the limit with Bowe, he was put in a position to fail last year. Deal him to another team and you can have fun every Sunday witnessing the birth of a superstar.
    Here is what we KNOW as FACT and all that matters.

D-Bowe was benched last year because he was not performing and dropped a lot of passes in pre-season. Haley was very upset last off season with the amount of dropped balls. There was articles stating that Haley was not impressed with Bowe show for showing off after finally catching a ball after two drops in a row. It was clear that Bowe thinks very very very highly of himself just as you do, and wasn't putting in the work to become the elite player he COULD be.

He eventually made it back as the starting WRl mostly because there was no other options.

FACT he was suspended four games.

FACT he was the #2 receiver in the NFL for dropped passes even after sitting out 4 games for his suspension and basically did not playing the first week.

FACT he was the #2 receiver in the NFL for dropped passes in 2008.

These Facts are from independent firms keeping track of passes they believe should have been caught. From what I heard, the Cheifs believe the stats are higher. The entire team dropped closer to 30 more passes in 2009. I am sure the sure handed Bowe played a part of that.

I really think this could be Bowe's last year as a Chief if he does not find humility and works on his game instead of his flex after catching a pass.

Let me see here, how do I put this..........WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I read the article. In fact I posted a thread from ESPN! I watch every game and have been to more than I can remember. Bowe does have a big mouth, Bowe was suspended for an ILLEGAL SUBSTANCE, Bowe has been near the top in dropped passes for most of his career, Bowe was benched for the amount of dropped passes now Bowe is running his trap about something that happened 3 years ago and it screams of needing attention! Diva is an understatement, this guy has done nothing in this league and needs to act like it. He's lucky he is on the Chiefs because he wouldn't sniff the field if he were on a team with good WR's. "Better than Tony G"? (his words) Give me a fricken break Bowe!!!!!!!! His catches will drastically drop this year with Urban in the mix. He can actually catch! I am a bit confused though, you don't want to ship him out of here yet you want to "stock the roster with character guys so that these incidents can be avoided". A four game suspension and crying about being benched doesn't scream character to me!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast