Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have some upsetting Chiefs Crowd related news...

Default I have some upsetting Chiefs Crowd related news...

I learned tonight, that someone took most of the Draft Day souvenir's out of the package I mailed to Aussie. I mailed the items in a special heavy duty poster tube for mailing...taped both ends with clear packing tape. I had sent him two of the can koozies from Draft Day, put one on each end of the poster to protect it. I had to squeeze them in place, and they were tight, no way they could've moved.

Aussie's mom wasn't sure if they should tell me or not, knowing it would upset me...but she decided I should know, and I'm glad she did call me tonight on the phone to tell me, but I'm still upset. I wouldn't have wanted Aussie to fib with my asking him to let me know if he recieved the items, nor pretend he did.

She said the two can koozies were still in there, pushed together, not one on each end as I had packed them to protect the poster ends. There was no damage done to the mailing tube, hadn't split open or any thing like that. She said one end was opened and re-taped with white packing tape...of which I didn't use.

Every thing besides the two koozies was gone, including the sign KC Wolf held saying 'Hi Aussie' that was autographed by the Chiefs players to Aussie. Also, the cheerleaders poster, all personally autographed 'to Aussie'...of no benefit to someone else.

As well, the limited edition rare Chiefs 'Alumni' poster...GONE!

The good news is I have one of the posters, and am re-sending it to Aussie. I'm gonna call the Chiefs offices tomorrow...tell them what happened, and ask if the Cheerleaders can contribute another souvenir poster and re-autograph it to Aussie. KC Wolf is one of my Facebook friends, so I'm gonna send him a message at Facebook, also tell him what happened, and ask him to send me a picture autographed to Aussie. He didn't have any with him that night, but I know he has them, cause I have one he autographed to me several years ago.

I can pretty much replace it all for Aussie one way or another, but it's so sad that someone would do that...take things from a package, obviously it was special to have been mailed from the U.S. to Australia in the first place. How could someone do something so selfish like that to another person. :(

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    I was home sick from school today (Now its about 9:30pm so I'm mostly better)
    so I might not have been able to speak anyway, I was probably in bed.

P.S. I've always wondered what Americans think of Australian accents. As I am a Chiefs for longer and longer I get more used to American accents.
    serious question: do people from different parts of australia have slightly different accents? we definitly see that here in america, especially out east.

That's wrong on so many levels, but how can you be sure it simply won't happen again?

Chiefster did it.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by BAK View Post
    I am Callum's mother and listed below is the link to the post I put on our blog today. Connie Jo is such a kind, considerate person I feel bad that such a thing had to happen to her of all people.
    Post from the US - long awaited but, sadly, arrived with the important contents missing | Byrnes-Krickl
    Thank you Barbara! You and Aussie are very kind and considerate, good people are easy for me to be kind and considerate towards in return, haha. As well, Aussie has brought many smiles to my face and giggles with his posting here at Chiefs Crowd over the last year or so, and I'm very grateful to him for that. I enjoy 'paying it forward' so to speak, for those who have brought happiness or contributed positively to my life, and/or lives of others, which Aussie does!

Please don't worry about my being uspet, I'm upset mostly because I know how much Aussie was looking forward to the souvenir's, and I could 'feel' so to speak...his heartbreak from a distance when the package arrived with most of the items missing.

The good news is the next package will contain even better souvenir's for Aussie! I'm working on gathering them now, and one way or another this next package will arrive safely!! :)

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I think we need to get some stuff from the MNF Opener too!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    That's wrong on so many levels, but how can you be sure it simply won't happen again?
    Well, there are no guarantee's Chiefster. The first package I mailed Aussie with souvenir's a few months ago, the one that had the DT Memorial hat from Canton, & other items...arrived safely. I mailed it Priority International.

The gal at my local post office suggested I mail the poster tube package First Class International, as it was almost $30.00 less in cost than Priority. I don't know if that made a difference or not with it arriving safely? Priority mail is easier to track than a First Class package, so it could be whomever took the items felt they could escape the package being tracked back to them? I dunno?

Also, they require you list contents of a package specifically on the customs label, of which is adhered to the exterior of the package for anyone to read. On the poster tube it stated KC Chiefs souvenir's, or poster...which might have drawn someone's attention more than if I had put something less desireable?

As well, I didn't insure the poster tube, and insured items are also kept closer watch upon with tracking, and handled more carefully...as the post office doesn't want to have to reimburse.

So, this time around I won't put KC Chiefs on the customs label...will put something less notable, and I will insure it also. Hopefully that will help prevent this from happening again. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Chiefster did it.

YES!!! We sure do need to gather Aussie some MNF souvenir's!! Great idea Canada! I might not have thought to do that with all the excitement and tailgating going on that night preoccupying thought...so now it's a pre-plan in thought, and it shall be done! YEEHAW!

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Well, there are no guarantee's Chiefster. The first package I mailed Aussie with souvenir's a few months ago, the one that had the DT Memorial hat from Canton, & other items...arrived safely. I mailed it Priority International.

The gal at my local post office suggested I mail the poster tube package First Class International, as it was almost $30.00 less in cost than Priority. I don't know if that made a difference or not with it arriving safely? Priority mail is easier to track than a First Class package, so it could be whomever took the items felt they could escape the package being tracked back to them? I dunno?

Also, they require you list contents of a package specifically on the customs label, of which is adhered to the exterior of the package for anyone to read. On the poster tube it stated KC Chiefs souvenir's, or poster...which might have drawn someone's attention more than if I had put something less desireable?

As well, I didn't insure the poster tube, and insured items are also kept closer watch upon with tracking, and handled more carefully...as the post office doesn't want to have to reimburse.

So, this time around I won't put KC Chiefs on the customs label...will put something less notable, and I will insure it also. Hopefully that will help prevent this from happening again. :)
    Good idea Connie!

Chiefster did it.

SHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Fine, no sharing any of it with you!

...Another good idea.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12