Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have some upsetting Chiefs Crowd related news...

Default I have some upsetting Chiefs Crowd related news...

I learned tonight, that someone took most of the Draft Day souvenir's out of the package I mailed to Aussie. I mailed the items in a special heavy duty poster tube for mailing...taped both ends with clear packing tape. I had sent him two of the can koozies from Draft Day, put one on each end of the poster to protect it. I had to squeeze them in place, and they were tight, no way they could've moved.

Aussie's mom wasn't sure if they should tell me or not, knowing it would upset me...but she decided I should know, and I'm glad she did call me tonight on the phone to tell me, but I'm still upset. I wouldn't have wanted Aussie to fib with my asking him to let me know if he recieved the items, nor pretend he did.

She said the two can koozies were still in there, pushed together, not one on each end as I had packed them to protect the poster ends. There was no damage done to the mailing tube, hadn't split open or any thing like that. She said one end was opened and re-taped with white packing tape...of which I didn't use.

Every thing besides the two koozies was gone, including the sign KC Wolf held saying 'Hi Aussie' that was autographed by the Chiefs players to Aussie. Also, the cheerleaders poster, all personally autographed 'to Aussie'...of no benefit to someone else.

As well, the limited edition rare Chiefs 'Alumni' poster...GONE!

The good news is I have one of the posters, and am re-sending it to Aussie. I'm gonna call the Chiefs offices tomorrow...tell them what happened, and ask if the Cheerleaders can contribute another souvenir poster and re-autograph it to Aussie. KC Wolf is one of my Facebook friends, so I'm gonna send him a message at Facebook, also tell him what happened, and ask him to send me a picture autographed to Aussie. He didn't have any with him that night, but I know he has them, cause I have one he autographed to me several years ago.

I can pretty much replace it all for Aussie one way or another, but it's so sad that someone would do that...take things from a package, obviously it was special to have been mailed from the U.S. to Australia in the first place. How could someone do something so selfish like that to another person. :(

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Nevermind my asking how someone could do that...our society is miserably failing, people do dishonest things every damn day, more & more. :(

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

No, I'm not posting to raise my post count, I'm just upset, pre-occupied in thought...not thinking clearly, and forgot to say this:

There's always good in bad, and the good in this is Aussie's mom calling me from Australia! We visited for about an hour on the phone, and I enjoyed it VERY MUCH!! Amazingly, even with my hearing loss and her charming Australian accent, I was able to understand every word she said...YAY!! :)

Silly me though...I should've asked to talk to Aussie before we hung up, so I could hear his voice! Oh well, next time for sure! :)

That's pretty disgusting. Have you tried filing a complaint anywhere? or just decided it wasn't worth it? This would be a tough case to deal with. The monetary value couldn't have been much, but the sentimental value is astronomical which leaves the question: how much can authorities get involved and what can they do? It's still a federal offense though.

Tough loss, it was a good thing you did, I hope the organization is able to help you make it right.

Thanks Aussie!

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Real bad thing is that it was the federal authorities who cut that open and took the stuff! Im sure international mail has to go through x-ray machines or something, but no matter what the postal people are federal employees. Im almost sure that the international mail has to go through some authority such as the sand from the cruise Connie brought back! It just sucks that someone would do that! Sorry Connie and Aussie!

Well, Aussie's mom said it could've happened in Australia too. She said she just read where they've had major problems like this in Australia. Aussie's package had to go through Customs too, cause I had to fill out a Customs form. Oh, and I put KC Chiefs souvenir's on the Customs label the postal clerk stuck on the outside of the mailing tube...cause they ask for specifics of contents. Well, this next one with replacements, I'm gonna think of something else that's not as notable maybe. My daughter suggested I put 'kids poster'.
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 05-25-2010 at 04:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I learned tonight, that someone took most of the Draft Day souvenir's out of the package I mailed to Aussie. I mailed the items in a special heavy duty poster tube for mailing...taped both ends with clear packing tape. I had sent him two of the can koozies from Draft Day, put one on each end of the poster to protect it. I had to squeeze them in place, and they were tight, no way they could've moved.

Aussie's mom wasn't sure if they should tell me or not, knowing it would upset me...but she decided I should know, and I'm glad she did call me tonight on the phone to tell me, but I'm still upset. I wouldn't have wanted Aussie to fib with my asking him to let me know if he recieved the items, nor pretend he did.

She said the two can koozies were still in there, pushed together, not one on each end as I had packed them to protect the poster ends. There was no damage done to the mailing tube, hadn't split open or any thing like that. She said one end was opened and re-taped with white packing tape...of which I didn't use.

Every thing besides the two koozies was gone, including the sign KC Wolf held saying 'Hi Aussie' that was autographed by the Chiefs players to Aussie. Also, the cheerleaders poster, all personally autographed 'to Aussie'...of no benefit to someone else.

The good news is I have one of the posters, and am re-sending it to Aussie. I'm gonna call the Chiefs offices tomorrow...tell them what happened, and ask if the Cheerleaders can contribute another souvenir poster and re-autograph it to Aussie. KC Wolf is one of my Facebook friends, so I'm gonna send him a message at Facebook, also tell him what happened, and ask him to send me a picture autographed to Aussie. He didn't have any with him that night, but I know he has them, cause I have one he autographed to me several years ago.

I can pretty much replace it all for Aussie one way or another, but it's so sad that someone would do that...take things from a package, obviously it was special to have been mailed from the U.S. to Australia in the first place. How could someone do something so selfish like that to another person. :(
    Thanks for posting this. Yea, it was and still is very upsetting. I'm very greatful that you are trying to get the things again. That would double amazing!

It IS unbelievable that someone would do that. :(

No, I'm not posting to raise my post count, I'm just upset, pre-occupied in thought...not thinking clearly, and forgot to say this:

There's always good in bad, and the good in this is Aussie's mom calling me from Australia! We visited for about an hour on the phone, and I enjoyed it VERY MUCH!! Amazingly, even with my hearing loss and her charming Australian accent, I was able to understand every word she said...YAY!! :)

Silly me though...I should've asked to talk to Aussie before we hung up, so I could hear his voice! Oh well, next time for sure! :)
    I was home sick from school today (Now its about 9:30pm so I'm mostly better)
    so I might not have been able to speak anyway, I was probably in bed.

P.S. I've always wondered what Americans think of Australian accents. As I am a Chiefs for longer and longer I get more used to American accents.

I am Callum's mother and listed below is the link to the post I put on our blog today. Connie Jo is such a kind, considerate person I feel bad that such a thing had to happen to her of all people.
    Post from the US - long awaited but, sadly, arrived with the important contents missing | Byrnes-Krickl

Wow! The unkind actions of others people always surprises me. I'm not sure, in the world that we live in, we should all be used to it. I just don't get it though. I just was not raised that way. I was raised to have respect for other people AND their belongings. If it's not yours, LEAVE IT ALONE! Simple as that.
    I'm sorry Connie Jo and Aussie that this happened. They'll get theirs in the end. Its called Karma!!
    **ChiefsChick**

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast