Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official Home Opener and 49ers games***

Default ***Official Home Opener and 49ers games***

I have ordered 20. I would like to make this game the ChiefsCrowd get together. I will still be attending the 49ers game Week 3 as well. Anyone interested in tickets for the opener, let me know.

I have 4 for myself
    Vanilla Garilla - 2
    Ryfo (I will hold 2 for you if u want to go to this game)
    Stricken721(I will hold 2 for you if you want to go to this game too)

That leaves 12 tickets still available. I can try and order more if there is any interest!!

If there is still enough interest in the 49ers game I can order tix for that as well. Let me know who is interested and I will get ot work on it!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

benton wisconsin,about 6 1/2 hours from arrowhead staidum

hi Guys just bought are tickets yesterday for the home opener, 16 of us coming down from Wisconsin,& 2 from San Diego were staying across from the stadium,used to be the holiday inn now I think its, the clarion We are doing the tail gateing thing to. let me know were your at I would love to meet you guys We are really excited about this game, I been a season ticket holder for 9 years and this is the first monday night game at arrowhead that we have been able to go to. But anyway let me know were your at and I will make it over to interduce myself Go Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Cheap enough that they will let us hang out on the night before the game, drink beer and throw beer cans off the second floor without calling the police.

I can handle that kind of cheap! The hotel Canada and everyone stayed at for the December 6th game was cool like that, or so it appeared.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by dennystillchiefs View Post
    hi Guys just bought are tickets yesterday for the home opener, 16 of us coming down from Wisconsin,& 2 from San Diego were staying across from the stadium,used to be the holiday inn now I think its, the clarion We are doing the tail gateing thing to. let me know were your at I would love to meet you guys We are really excited about this game, I been a season ticket holder for 9 years and this is the first monday night game at arrowhead that we have been able to go to. But anyway let me know were your at and I will make it over to interduce myself Go Chiefs
    Thats awesome you have a groupl of 16 coming for MNF!! The hotel you're speaking of I think is the same hotel Canada & others stayed at for the December 6th game against Denver last season. If so, that might be the same hotel many of us are staying at for the MNF game too, though not sure just yet.

Our friend & Chiefs Crowd member Ryfo is from Wisconsin too, but not sure he's coming for the MNF game, rather the 49er's later in September. I have a Chiefs buddy who's suppose to be coming for the MNF game, and he lives in Wisconsin, also driving in. Wisconsin appears to be well represented with Chiefs fans, haha.

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Thanks for the posts all,

There is a Royals game at 7:05 on the chiefs home opener. I am not sure how that will effect the gates opening, or whatever. Normally the gates open 4 hours before the game I believe. The main reason for that is it allows time to tailgate, but not so much time that the majority of the fans are too drunk. I know 4 hours is enough time to get real drunk, but that was the explaination I received when I asked about the time the stadium would open. As of now, they are trying to fight the logistical elements with having a Royals game that will start during the "tailgating" time for the chiefs and get over after the chiefs game starts. Don't be surprised if they do not allow anyone into the parking lot until 5:00.

The hotel would be a great place to meet once we find out what time they will let us in. I know in the past it pays off to be lined up at the gate at least 30 minutes earlier than when they open. It is a mad dash into the stadium once it opens. If the gates open at 5:00 then we maybe should meet at the hotel parking lot about 4:00 and take about 15 mins or so to meet and greet. I am looking forward to the game, and hanging out with some real football fans!!!

If you have any other questions or concerns please let me know.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by soccr00gk View Post
    Thanks for the posts all,

There is a Royals game at 7:05 on the chiefs home opener. I am not sure how that will effect the gates opening, or whatever. Normally the gates open 4 hours before the game I believe. The main reason for that is it allows time to tailgate, but not so much time that the majority of the fans are too drunk. I know 4 hours is enough time to get real drunk, but that was the explaination I received when I asked about the time the stadium would open. As of now, they are trying to fight the logistical elements with having a Royals game that will start during the "tailgating" time for the chiefs and get over after the chiefs game starts. Don't be surprised if they do not allow anyone into the parking lot until 5:00.

The hotel would be a great place to meet once we find out what time they will let us in. I know in the past it pays off to be lined up at the gate at least 30 minutes earlier than when they open. It is a mad dash into the stadium once it opens. If the gates open at 5:00 then we maybe should meet at the hotel parking lot about 4:00 and take about 15 mins or so to meet and greet. I am looking forward to the game, and hanging out with some real football fans!!!

If you have any other questions or concerns please let me know.

Eric
    Yeah, I thought about allowing too much time to tailgate & their concern of controlling fan alcohol influence after I posted, as well as it being a work day. Many won't be able to tailgate until after work. I was thinking of 'Monday' as I would a Sunday game day, as this will be the first time I've attended MNF at Arrowhead in all the years I've been a Chiefs fan. I'm not accustom to Monday's being a game day, or games being on a work day for most, nor beginning at night, haha.

In reality, regardless of when gates open it's not gonna stop drunkeness, possibly slow it down for some, or delay...but I've not been to a game yet where a large number of fans weren't intoxicated before, during, & after the game. Alcohol is to NFL games what peanut butter is to jelly, haha.

I'm not a MLB fan, so didn't realize the Royals have a game on the same night as the Chiefs Season Opener MNF. Opening the gates at 5:00 for MNF at Arrowhead will be during peak time for those who are entering the sports complex to attend the Royals 7:05 game, as peak time for traffic into any stadium event is within the two hours before start time.

With it being MNF I would imagine the majority of Chiefs fans will begin piling into Arrowhead as soon as they get off work and gates open...that's gonna put the majority of fans attending the Royals game & Chiefs MNF entering the sports complex/stadiums at the same time! Heck, it can easily take over an hour to enter Arrowhead if getting caught & stuck in traffic a couple hours before a game...and that's without Royals game traffic at the same time!

I dunno, but I would think under the circumstances of the Royals and Chiefs games being the same night, it being MNF for the Chiefs...they would be better off to open gates to enter Arrowhead early in the afternoon, regardless of the tailgate-alcohol time factor, and it being a work day. Many may have the option to leave work early, or take off for a sick day, whatever. Either that or re-schedule the Royals game, HA!

I have been looking at some different accomodations that will hopefully suit everyones needs. I think the best choice as far as proximity to the stadium, price, and general cleanliness is going to be the Quality Inn on Noland Rd. It is two exits down the highway from the stadium.

QUALITY INN & SUITES - Independence MO 4200 South Noland Rd. 64055 Missouri

I asked what rooms were were going to be based on people staying Sat, Sun and Mon night Sept 11-14. She gave me the following prices

King Bed - $77.99 $72.99 and $72.99
    2 Queen - $82.99 $77.99 and $72.99

These prices include breakfast each morning. There is a flat screen TV and fridge in every room and a pool. She said they are OK with partying as long as it is kept respectful. They will allow BBQs and beer in the parking lot during the day. There are also several restaurants in the area and Bandanas BBQ is across the parking lot from the hotel.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I have been looking at some different accomodations that will hopefully suit everyones needs. I think the best choice as far as proximity to the stadium, price, and general cleanliness is going to be the Quality Inn on Noland Rd. It is two exits down the highway from the stadium.

QUALITY INN & SUITES - Independence MO 4200 South Noland Rd. 64055 Missouri

I asked what rooms were were going to be based on people staying Sat, Sun and Mon night Sept 11-14. She gave me the following prices

King Bed - $77.99 $72.99 and $72.99
    2 Queen - $82.99 $77.99 and $72.99

These prices include breakfast each morning. There is a flat screen TV and fridge in every room and a pool. She said they are OK with partying as long as it is kept respectful. They will allow BBQs and beer in the parking lot during the day. There are also several restaurants in the area and Bandanas BBQ is across the parking lot from the hotel.
    Does that include stealing the no parking sign and bashing people in the head with it at wee hours of the morning? Just askin!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Made my reservation for Monday night as soon as I read Dave's post. Thanks Dave.

weve been talking in Pm but im down for whatever, the difference between the 'cheap' hotel and the clarion is only 20 bucks a night so im not to worried about it.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    weve been talking in Pm but im down for whatever, the difference between the 'cheap' hotel and the clarion is only 20 bucks a night so im not to worried about it.
    Clarion is booked up already. they only had like 3 rooms left.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast