Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chiefs should host Super Bowl now

Default Chiefs should host Super Bowl now

First post. Chiefs fan since 1994. I have never seen the Chiefs win a playoff game......hopefully it will happen soon.

Anyways, since New York was just awarded to host a Super Bowl. I feel that now the Chiefs should be awarded a Super Bowl as well, to honor Lamar Hunt like it was promised if a roof was built. Now that New York was awarded a super bowl with an open stadium, the Chiefs should now be considered without a new roof. Here is a link to a article in the NY TIMES...
    PRO FOOTBALL; Kansas City Will Stage Super Bowl, With One If - New York Times

What are your thoughts?

and I'm excited to be a part of Chiefs Crowd!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    No way, usually the ones with the stuffed pockets sit in the club seats and golf clap through the whole game.

There is a reason Arrohead is the loudest stadium in the NFL and it ain't because of people with $$, its because the fans are kiKC As$!!
    I disagree, the stuffed pockets are the true and best fans.

I personally know a Canadian who stuffs his pockets with Budweiser.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I disagree, the stuffed pockets are the true and best fans.

I personally know a Canadian who stuffs his pockets with Budweiser.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

i remember the pre vote info was that w/o approval for a roof they were not going to leave room during the remodel for roof supports

If the rolling roof had been approved, and I was coming into KC for a game with bad weather or snow, I think I would be disappointed to not see the Arrowhead I love, as it is. Having the roof over it, would not be the same.

Good responses, but my main point of this thread was to point out that there is no reason to have to build a roof for a super bowl now. The reason they wanted a roof for the super bowl is so that the weather wouldn't play a part. Since the cold weather thing is out the door, there is no excuse for them to possibly get a Super Bowl here. In Lamar Hunt's honor.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    If the rolling roof had been approved, and I was coming into KC for a game with bad weather or snow, I think I would be disappointed to not see the Arrowhead I love, as it is. Having the roof over it, would not be the same.

It might make it louder there.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post

The Hunts made it clear that the roof would remain open for ALL football games regardless of weather, and was to be closed only for concerts and events like March Madness if they could get it and yes the Super Bowl too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123