Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs should host Super Bowl now

Default Chiefs should host Super Bowl now

First post. Chiefs fan since 1994. I have never seen the Chiefs win a playoff game......hopefully it will happen soon.

Anyways, since New York was just awarded to host a Super Bowl. I feel that now the Chiefs should be awarded a Super Bowl as well, to honor Lamar Hunt like it was promised if a roof was built. Now that New York was awarded a super bowl with an open stadium, the Chiefs should now be considered without a new roof. Here is a link to a article in the NY TIMES...
    PRO FOOTBALL; Kansas City Will Stage Super Bowl, With One If - New York Times

What are your thoughts?

and I'm excited to be a part of Chiefs Crowd!

I agree with you. Arrowhead would be one of the best places to host a suberbowl!

I fear that any cold weather venue not in New York will probably be out of the question.

Oh, welcome to the "Crowd".
    Last edited by Chiefster; 05-27-2010 at 03:09 AM.

Welcome to the crowd

I dont think anyone but New York will host the superbowl of the cold weather teams. I would love to see a superbowl at arrowhead with the chiefs in it. But Wont happen.

I don't get it...is the OP saying that he thinks KC should get a superbowl even without a new roof? Not going to happen. Put on the roof and enjoy the rewards.

The NFL ALREADY gave KC the superbowl.

Now it just comes down to whether city and state leaders can figure out a package that the voters will get behind.

For the record, I am still angry at all of you who voted down the rolling roof the last time. You short-sighted people. Ugh.

The real question is whether or not the renovations would include Kaufman. Personally, I'd love to see a new baseball stadium downtown. It is amazing what it did for Denver. Of course, winning baseball games might help convince people that a baseball stadium is a priority.

Yeah, as much as I would agree that KC should get the Super Bowl and it would do wonders for the city. It is not going to happen.

The has already announced that they are going to take the Super Bowl, one game at a time. They will make exceptions if the money is right. For KC to get the game by offering enough money to be considered, they could almost afford to put on the roof.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I don't see the Chiefs getting a Superbowl. I also think this superbowl will probably be the last one in cold winter, once they realize it probably wasn't that great of an idea to play in the cold.

KC has a better chance of hosting a MLB All star game before a superbowl.

It's really sad that we didn't make this happen.

The more I think about it, the more I wish we could somehow get this up and working again.

Arrowhead would be a great venue for the Super Bowl. Since NY get's the big game, it will be frenzy for other teams. The Chiefs have the new stadium, plenty of hotels and the power and light district would benefit greatly.

I for one don't ever want a roof over Arrowhead.
    Playing in the elements is a part of football. Also it makes the fans turn into wusses,anyone who will attend a game when its 8 degrees with a 30 mph wind is a real fan.
    Chiefs in 2011

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast