Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reggie Wayne

Default Reggie Wayne

Per NFLN is unhappy with his contract. Great receiver. What would you give for him?

I'd go in on a second and fourth round pick next year.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Per NFLN is unhappy with his contract. Great receiver. What would you give for him?

I'd go in on a second and fourth round pick next year.
    A third and fourth round pick for me. A second round pick may be too much. I doubt he would be put on the trade block. He probably means too much to the Colts to let him go.

Resident Celebrity

I don't think that the colts are stupid enough to trade him. They will make him happy in the end. I would love to see him and if we could get him for a 2nd I would not be to upset with that move.

nothing. we have too many recievers, hes end of his career, and wants mad money. Not to mention, hes being whiny on one of the best teams in the league, how do you think he will act here? no thanks.

Reggie Wayne is 31 years old with a lot of mileage on him. Typically you hope a 2nd rounder is a 5 to 6 year guy on a team. For a team building through the draft, I don't see giving up a high pick, nor multiple picks for an aging, disgruntled WR. I am okay picking up guys like Chambers of waivers or a maybe a 7th rounder, but at this point, I am more excited about what our 7th rounder can do for the future of this team.

Colts offensive players are like Ravens defenders, they almost never look good after they leave the nest. Wayne is a great guy for the Colts' scheme, but it's easy to look good when you have one of the best QBs of all time tossing you the ball. Even more so because Manning's WRs rarely get hit because he places the ball so well.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    nothing. we have too many recievers, hes end of his career, and wants mad money. Not to mention, hes being whiny on one of the best teams in the league, how do you think he will act here? no thanks.
    Some players like challenges. Maybe he wants more money or move on to a new challenge. Wayne is still good.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Wayne may also be a little upset that Garcon and Gonzalez are the up and coming stars and he wants more attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Wayne may also be a little upset that Garcon and Gonzalez are the up and coming stars and he wants more attention.
    Wayne is really the only consistant deep threat on the Colt's therefore teams are able to defend him accordingly. This has caused him to be thrown to less often. I think if you look at the numbers since Harrison has left, Manning throws less deep ball because of Garcon and Gonzales. I think he still has some in the tank but would not be a good fit for the Chiefs.

He'll play for the colts until his contract is up. They won't pay him because Manning MAKES wide receivers. Pierre Garcon who? Austin Colie who? I would agree that Wayne has been a little loud (whiny) this offseason and I wouldn't want that attitude on this team.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast