Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Finally got the bar finished!!

Default Finally got the bar finished!!

HEy guys, after much damage to my liver and bank account, I have finished my bar. The entire bar is covered in beer caps that we drank in my garage. I also cleaned and reorganized the garage and I wanted to post a few pics!! HOpe ya'll enjoy them!! (and feel free to stop in for a beer anytime!!)

A little Canadian content along with the Chiefs!!

I think this wall will look much better once I can convince the wife to let me have the bigscreen out in the garage!!

Sorry about the glare, I was using my phone to take pics!!

Arrowhead Home of the Kansas City Chiefs!!

Anyone who ever wants to come up and watch a game at Arrowhead North is always welcome!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    OH MY GAWD!! That is AWESOME!!! How long did it take you to plan it out, lay all those caps?

I hope someday prior to leaving this world I have an opportunity to sit at your bar & drink beer talking Chiefs! One of the first things I'll do if ever winning the lottery...is buy a round trip ticket to Canada's bar! lol

PS: Will also buy round trip tickets for Aussie & his family to come to a Chiefs game, and me round trip tickets to visit Australia!
    It took my 3 days to get the whole thing done. I spent a good 8 hours trying to get it centered. That is the biggest pain but once i found the middle it was pretty smooth sailing. I also did this just for fun before I started it!!

And then when I was done I had to sit down and take a breather!!

The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

You should be institutionalized.

BTW...That's a joke.

I love the Chiefs Crowd Arrowhead logo too! You said you did that before you started...without seeing a full pic from a distance, I can't tell where the bar starts & ends...so did you leave the Chiefs Crowd logo somewhere on the bar?

Oh, this is likely a 'girly' thought, haha...but how in the heck do you clean between all those caps, if something get's spilled, etc.? It doesn't look to be covered with glass? I suppose you could use a vacuum & brush though.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I covered it in poly eurathane (sp?) I just had to pix it then pour it over the caps and it fillis in all the cracks and spaces. I do use a shop vac to keep it clean and we never spill beer so its pretty easy to keep cean!!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I covered it in poly eurathane (sp?) I just had to pix it then pour it over the caps and it fillis in all the cracks and spaces. I do use a shop vac to keep it clean and we never spill beer so its pretty easy to keep cean!!
    GREAT idea!! I wondered if maybe you grouted or siliconed it, but from the pics couldn't tell. The polyurethane is an excellent sealant choice...smart thinking!

PS: You fibbed!... cause I saw that pic of you sitting among the cases of beer long before you posted this thread saying you finished the bar! hahahahaha

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

So you finally finished the bar. How long did it take, and how many beers? You have posted pictures in the past of the progress. Now give us the finale tally, or make it a trivial question. How many beer caps are in Canada's bar?

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    So you finally finished the bar. How long did it take, and how many beers? You have posted pictures in the past of the progress. Now give us the finale tally, or make it a trivial question. How many beer caps are in Canada's bar?
    My guess is 1,970! Coincidently, that's the same year the Chiefs won Super Bowl IV!! HA!

Okay, so I can't tell a fib, it's no coincidence I guessed 1970, hahaha. :)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123