Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Farewell Big 12

Default Farewell Big 12

Colorado is off to the Pac-10 and there are rumors that more Big 12 teams will follow.

Colorado accepts invitation to join Pac-10 - Yahoo! Sports

Let's not forget forget, no conference has gone beyond 12 teams ( some have tried) and made it work. The SEC is the only one to really make a 12 team conference work.(two very strong divisions)

My problem with this whole mess is that I'm a sucker for tradition; I'm a traditional kind of guy, and hoped that, at least, the original Big 8 would have stayed in tact. I could care less about the four Texas teams; they can go wherever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    Let's not forget forget, no conference has gone beyond 12 teams ( some have tried) and made it work. The SEC is the only one to really make a 12 team conference work.(two very strong divisions)
    The guy who is the commissioner of the Pac 10 now used to be in charge of the Big 12. He tried to get this done when with the big 12 for years and was shut down. His reasoning is that he believes this will lead to 4 large conferences breaking away from the NCAA and they can align as seprate entities and figure out some kind of playoff system despite the BCS.

Looks like the big 12 is not dead after all Texas is staying will mean that A&M and Oklahoma most likely stay.

Texas got there wish, They get there own! TV network! Research some, and you will see why Nebraska joined the Big 10. Why a Powerhouse Football rich in history, became a UT controlled, or just sat on there hands untill it was to late to do anything. I would have thought that of all Big 8 School's! OU would have stood up to UT!

Why is there no Big 12 TV Network? Nebraska tried one last time, at the Big 12 meetings to get all the 12 to give media rights to the Big 12 and share the income with all, who said no?

I am not very happy, about the loss of the original big 8, but the teams of the big 8, allowed it, when UT took control of the conference.

Texas will now get their TV deal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12