Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you trade?

Default Would you trade?

Would you trade Derrick Johnson for Roy Williams straight up?

Why or why not?

I ask this because I think Roy would be a great addition to the Chiefs wideouts and might be exactly the deep threat this team needs.

In addition to that, in spite of how great I think Derrick Johnson is (and still could become), I don't think Todd Haley likes him. He certainly has value and he is at the end of his contract.

Thoughts?

Brian

I understand the what if part, I just dont understand where a WR (we have what 10 wrs on the roster already?) who is more hype than talent is worth anything to KC~

Roy Williams has been a bust which is why He is now looking at a third team. In two years.

Derrick Johnson has talent and has proven to be a game changer. We just need to coach him and then use him to the best of his abilities.

DJ brings more value to the Chiefs than Roy Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by bspray View Post
    Because, living in Texas, there is a lot of talk down here about Roy Williams obsolecense with the acquisition of Dez Bryant. Derrick Johnson is a UT graduate, just like Roy Williams, and Dallas loves having state school alum on the team.

While I love DJ and I think he is a tremendous asset to the Chiefs, I am enough of a realist to see that Haley doesn't exactly feel the same way.

Roy Williams has struggled in Dallas but could very likely be a star again on the Chiefs. DJ is a second stringer in KC, at the end of his rookie contract and would be a welcome addition to the Cowboys.

To me it makes a lot of sense for both teams IF, and ONLY IF, Haley feels the same way about DJ this year as he did last year. If DJ blows up this year and becomes a Pro Bowl LB then I would think the Chiefs would be smart enough to resign him.

Anyway, that is why the thought would cross someone's mind. Feel free to get back to all the really important discussion that was going on before I interupted...

Brian
    Roy Williams was a star? He has consistently been an under achiever his whole career. I'll take my chances on DJ.

Default nope

I would not trade for Roy Williams. I strongly believe in the Chiefs keeping the WR's and LB's they have now, b/c I trust that if Bowe can play the entire season this year and Chambers produces like the end of last year that KC will be fine. Roy Williams, while making some great catches, also drops a lot of passes like Bowe did last year so it's just be another player dropping passes and making Cassel look bad. DJ still has plenty of potential, I personally hope the Chiefs play him more this year, in the 4 or 5 games he started he had 3 INT's (2 for TD's) and a couple sacks.

I say no!

But I do agree that Haley is not big on him, however I expect DJ to have a really good year , He has lots of talent, and is in a crucial year to prove the league what he has. (the reason I say league is I don't think he will resign with the chiefs)

Tough call. But I decline.

Williams was pretty decent for a year or two. But I would call it a push for Johnson on an overall rating.

And, since we do have s number of guys that could be strong for us at WR and very few at LB, I take my chances on Johnson.

If I were inside The Chiefs' organization, then I may have a different opinion, based on Johnson's relationship with the coaching staff.

I'm saying yes.

Why, you ask? Because DJ is gone after this year. Even if he has a pro bowl season. Especially if he has a pro bowl season.

I guess we could franchise him, but more than likely I just think that he will be playing for another team in 2011.

Why not get SOMETHING for him? That something could be a decent receiver. No, Roy Williams isn't a game-changer, but DJ hasn't been, either.

I would be more interested to see what happen with Vincent Jackson in San Diego.......

I wouldn't want Roy's $9 million a year contract on our payroll. He's completely over paid. And I agree that we're very thin at LB and we need to keep everyone we have right now, especially ones with talent. I would rather get a 2nd round pick for him than Roy Williams.

As for trades, I'd rather see something along the lines of jarrad page and a 5th rounder for LB D'Qwell jackson from the browns.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

I wouldn't want Roy's $9 million a year contract on our payroll. He's completely over paid. And I agree that we're very thin at LB and we need to keep everyone we have right now, especially ones with talent. I would rather get a 2nd round pick for him than Roy Williams.

As for trades, I'd rather see something along the lines of jarrad page and a 5th rounder for LB D'Qwell jackson from the browns.

Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast