Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jarad Page...

Default Jarad Page...

and a 4th round pick in next year's draft for 28 year old Logan Mankins. What do you think?
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    We should upgrade any chance we can, regardless of how many rookie, undersized or over the hill Guards we have.

Waters has declined dramatcially since Willie Roaf was not there to help him.

Lilja is under sized and seems to think he was signed for a back up role and a chance to start.

Now I am excited about Asamoha.

Another starting Guard would be nice.
    I agree entirely.

If NE were dumb enough to make this trade (or if we were to come to a more equitable trade), we could start Mankins at LG, Waters at C, and have Asamoah/Lilja (preferably Asamoah) at RG. That's a hell of a lot better than Waters/Niswanger/Lilja, especially in the run game.

We should upgrade any chance we can, regardless of how many rookie, undersized or over the hill Guards we have.

Waters has declined dramatcially since Willie Roaf was not there to help him.

Lilja is under sized and seems to think he was signed for a back up role and a chance to start.

Now I am excited about Asamoha.

Another starting Guard would be nice.
    I certainly don't disagree. But, although I strongly dislike Page, I wouldn't feel comfortable letting him go, without knowing that we had someone able to beat him out for a starting spot.

And Mankins comes from another system that is terrible at running the ball, and pass blocking is a secondary skill for OG,

But I admit that it would be tough to look past an offer like that.

This is so ridiculous.

If a team really wanted a safety, they would be going after Atogwe.

Mankins would be a first, MAYBE second round pick.

Do you think someone would trade a first round pick for Jarrad Page and a fourth?

Page has really screwed himself now. Apparently he had until midnight last night to sign his tender and he has not. That means that the Chief's can now change the offer, either way, if Page is headed for a hold out, he is in big trouble.

The Chiefs tendered him for a second round pick, that means anyteam could make Page offers, but if they signed him, they would owe the Chiefs a second round pick. Teams had until April 15th to do that, no one did.

Now the Chiefs have him for whatever they work out for an offer. I guess page thinks that he is better than the 1.7 million per year offered and is headed for a hold out.

The problem for Page is that he is at best an average ball player, notice I said at best, I don't even think he is average personally. If he holds out for the entire season, he will likely find it even harder to come back to the game and get picked up by a team for a player that has been out of the league for almost two years, considering when his injury took place.

Anyway, at this point it is clear that Page is not happy being a Chief, either because of the money, or he no longer wants to play for this team. If he holds out, the Chiefs do not have to pay him, so I say let him sit. THe guy is a punk and if I never hated him before, I do now.

Insider Blog: One of 15

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Honestly, Kendrick Lewis would probably become a better player than Page pretty quickly if he gets the playing time. I've heard a lot of good things about him in training camp. Pioli may have drafted Berry and Lewis with the intention of them being our starting safeties for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Honestly, Kendrick Lewis would probably become a better player than Page pretty quickly if he gets the playing time. I've heard a lot of good things about him in training camp. Pioli may have drafted Berry and Lewis with the intention of them being our starting safeties for a long time.
    HOLD up.. Please don't jinx Kendrick Lewis with the Boomer Grigsby HYPE before setting foot on the field BS. Lets see the kid actually practice in pads, scrimage and play in preseason against talent in the NFL before we annoint him capable of being our starter.

I am not drinking that spiked kool aide.

HOLD up.. Please don't jinx Kendrick Lewis with the Boomer Grigsby HYPE before setting foot on the field BS. Lets see the kid actually practice in pads, scrimage and play in preseason against talent in the NFL before we annoint him capable of being our starter.

I am not drinking that spiked kool aide.
    I don't think anything I say is going to have an effect on how Lewis turns out.

I'm just saying I could see Pioli having that in mind when it happened. He has no allegiance to Page.

I'm just saying I could see Pioli having that in mind when it happened. He has no allegiance to Page.
    The problem is that Kendrick Lewis is basically a poor man's Eric Berry. They're both athletic, sure-tackling, coverage FSs. Neither is really built to be a SS. We need a hard-hitting, sure tackling, beast of a safety to play the run in that spot. Not a converted ballhawk.

My guess is that McGraw is (unfortunately) our opening day starter at SS unless we trade for someone or someone good gets cut.

True but you know how some fans get. Next thing you know Lewis is a better player than Berry before even having a contract.

they can just sign Page when we cut him. Who needs him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast