Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Jarad Page...

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    302
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Jarad Page...


    0 Not allowed!
    and a 4th round pick in next year's draft for 28 year old Logan Mankins. What do you think?
    Great Googly Moogly

    RyanD82 - Twitter

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    786
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    and a 4th round pick in next year's draft for 28 year old Logan Mankins. What do you think?
    You're kidding right? The Pats aren't trading their All-Pro OG for a 4th rounder and a guy we'll probably cut anyway.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jefferson City, Mo
    Posts
    979
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    ^ I agree with bwilliams.

    This is a no brainer trade, mostly becuase those terms would never come up in the first place ~

    But heck in the case that they did, id take that deal :P

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    302
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Mankins rips Patriots for mistreatment | ProFootballTalk.com

    The guy wants to be traded and we have a connection. Its a LOOOOONG shot, but hey, who knows. We landed vrabel and cassel for a 2nd round pick last year and I still think that was one hell of a deal.
    Great Googly Moogly

    RyanD82 - Twitter

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    786
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    Mankins rips Patriots for mistreatment | ProFootballTalk.com

    The guy wants to be traded and we have a connection. Its a LOOOOONG shot, but hey, who knows. We landed vrabel and cassel for a 2nd round pick last year and I still think that was one hell of a deal.
    The Pats may very well trade Mankins, but they aren't doing it for Page and a 4th. Dude's a former 1st round pick, an All Pro, and in his prime. He's going for a low 1st, high 2nd at least.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    302
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Fine, give up a 2nd rounder for him. waters isn't getting any younger and like you said, he's an all pro and in his prime.

    On the other hand:
    would we want him considering his latest outburst against the Pats? Is that the kind of dude haley wants in his right 53?
    Great Googly Moogly

    RyanD82 - Twitter

  7. #7
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,149
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    While I hold little value in keeping Page, Mankins is an OG and we actually have quite a few of those right now.

    I suppose that we gain a good player who gives us trading options at OG. But that would be making a trade in hopes of emabling us to make a trade. Not the most logical plan around.

    I guess I would have to pass on this. And, as mentioned, I doubt that we would be able to pull it off if we wanted to.

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,041
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 4

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    While I hold little value in keeping Page, Mankins is an OG and we actually have quite a few of those right now.

    I suppose that we gain a good player who gives us trading options at OG. But that would be making a trade in hopes of emabling us to make a trade. Not the most logical plan around.

    I guess I would have to pass on this. And, as mentioned, I doubt that we would be able to pull it off if we wanted to.
    We should upgrade any chance we can, regardless of how many rookie, undersized or over the hill Guards we have.

    Waters has declined dramatcially since Willie Roaf was not there to help him.

    Lilja is under sized and seems to think he was signed for a back up role and a chance to start.

    Now I am excited about Asamoha.

    Another starting Guard would be nice.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    786
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    We should upgrade any chance we can, regardless of how many rookie, undersized or over the hill Guards we have.

    Waters has declined dramatcially since Willie Roaf was not there to help him.

    Lilja is under sized and seems to think he was signed for a back up role and a chance to start.

    Now I am excited about Asamoha.

    Another starting Guard would be nice.
    I agree entirely.

    If NE were dumb enough to make this trade (or if we were to come to a more equitable trade), we could start Mankins at LG, Waters at C, and have Asamoah/Lilja (preferably Asamoah) at RG. That's a hell of a lot better than Waters/Niswanger/Lilja, especially in the run game.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,149
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    We should upgrade any chance we can, regardless of how many rookie, undersized or over the hill Guards we have.

    Waters has declined dramatcially since Willie Roaf was not there to help him.

    Lilja is under sized and seems to think he was signed for a back up role and a chance to start.

    Now I am excited about Asamoha.

    Another starting Guard would be nice.
    I certainly don't disagree. But, although I strongly dislike Page, I wouldn't feel comfortable letting him go, without knowing that we had someone able to beat him out for a starting spot.

    And Mankins comes from another system that is terrible at running the ball, and pass blocking is a secondary skill for OG,

    But I admit that it would be tough to look past an offer like that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Facebook Page
    By AussieChiefsFan in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-31-2010, 11:41 PM
  2. Jarad page, 1st player to earn Arrowhead decal!
    By Big Daddy Tek in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-01-2009, 02:06 AM
  3. Way to go Page!
    By hermhater in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 07:12 PM
  4. Frustration! (the whole page)
    By hermhater in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-20-2007, 02:19 AM
  5. Jared Page
    By sling58 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-06-2007, 11:36 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •