Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: who will be the best fantasy option this year for the Chiefs

Default who will be the best fantasy option this year for the Chiefs

So who do you guys think is going to be the best fantasy option this year and why?

Y'all are talking offense I know, but as crazy as it may sound...I think the Chiefs defense will surprise! Wishful thinking...maybe. :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I think a lot of Chiefs will have decent/good fantasy years. All you have to do is take one look at our schedule to figure that out (matchups is %99 of fantasy)... we have a good looking playoff (fantasy wise) schedule too.

My bet: J5 (charles) gets drafted too high by both Chiefs fans and non chiefs fans. Yes, he is a special player, but anyone who thinks we want to be a running team is mistaken. Haley wants this offense to be like Arizona of the past, very receiver/qb friendly. J5 will do good, but he won't post too many TD's. He certainly won't be worth a top 2 or 3 round pick IMO, and you have T.Jones to thank for that, who also, alone will have a few good games and many more 1 and 2 pointers. Just enough to steal from J5 (and be effective in real football lol) and annoy yuo when you play him and he doesn't do a thing.

Value is what fantasy is all about. I think Cassel will do pretty well for where he will get drafted, and I personally think Bowe is going to be a fantasy monster. top 5 in the league no question. I expect Bowe to have his breakout season, all signs point to him making a HUGE step forward. With Haley's pass friendly offense, J5 and TJ in the backfield taking pressure off the WR's, and KC's weak schedule, expect Bowe (and KC wr's) to have a good year. Chambers might have another good season with all the weapons around him and Haley's knack to throw it around. For where he is being projected, I think Chambers might be a gem. But there are always tons of WR's, I actually think Kenny Britt might be really good this year from TEN (and Vince Young too...). He showed great promise as a rookie last year.

McCluster would also be a serviceable addition (maybe), even moreso if your league counts for return yards/TD's, and PPR as he will do a bit of everything. But i would take Bowe or Chambers before I took Dex, I think that is obvious. I expect McCluster to be a fantasy machine in the next few years or so when he really grows into his role and gets more touches...
    J5, Cassel, Tamba, Brandon Flowers, all going pro bowl in 2010, Chiefs go 9-7, make Wild Card playoffs...

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    It's possible, but I think he's much closer to Chris Johnson who hasn't had any problems scoring TD's.

Chris Johnson 5'11" 200lbs.
    Jamaal Charles 5'11" 199 lbs.
    Warrick Dunn 5'9" 187 lbs.

Chris Johnson has a little more speed, but they have very similar running styles and body types. Although, I do agree that Thomas Jones will get the bulk of the goal line carries(as he should), similar to how Lendale White stole a lot of TD carries from CJ a few years ago.

I worry mostly about the durability of Charles.
    We need to worry about getting in goal line situations to have any goal line carry's. That has been a problem for a few years now.

I know you don't worry about a kicker in fantasy football... but I think Succop is going to be top 10 this year, and can be had in the last round of fantasy drafts. I will also be looking at Cassel as a legit QB2.

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    While Charles may put up the most fantasy points, the player I'd be most likely to draft off the Chiefs is Chambers. He will likely be available in the 8th round or so as a receiver that many of the pundits aren't selecting to have a great season, but he has historically had some good seasons, has a good schedule, and if the running game improves should see a fair amount of single coverage.

I like him as a mid-round sleeper.
    Good call he would make a nice addition for sure, and if his numbers are up someone has to be tossing him touchdowns and catches as well.

I can't wait until this season starts.

Well, if all comes to pass in this thread as to which Chiefs players will do well for one in Fantasy Football...I should do quite well! I have Jamaal Charles, Chambers, D-Bowe, Succop, Berry, the Chiefs Defense, and other Chiefs on my fantasy team!! Go Chiefs!! HA! :)

I wish I had Cassel too, but oh well...can't have everything we wish for, haha. :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12