Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Article that expresses my (negative) feelings better than I could . . .

Default Article that expresses my (negative) feelings better than I could . . .

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The new coaches from new england that I am baseing my hope in are now back in there element. YOU CAN NOT compare the role of an OC or DC to a Head Coach.
    I agree. Do you see the irony of people saying that Weis and Crennel "have 5 to 6 rings between them"?

As for how this team is being built this is no were near the complete team that we are going to see in the years to come this is only the start of it.
    Would you agree with me that many GMs and coaches have been able to come in and turn lousy teams into winners in 2-3 years? And would you agree with me that we need to see improvement this year? While (almost) no one is thinking SB, would you agree that we should expect at least seven wins? And if we don't get them, wouldn't you agree that at that point it's time to start getting worried? And if you don't agree, how much time do you want to give?

What worries me most is that I don't see us building a bedrock here. Really, how many of our 22 starters do you see as long-term guys to build around?

Cassel - ???
    Charles - Yes
    Albert - No (at LT), Yes (elsewhere on OL)
    Waters - No (though he will for the next 2-3 years)
    Niswanger - No
    Asamoah - Yes
    O'Callaghan - No
    Moeaki - ???
    Chambers - No (though he will for the next 2-3 years)
    Bowe - ??? (I hope so, but fans are unreasonably prejudiced against him)
    Ron Edwards - Hell No
    Jackson - ??? (lousy '09, hopefully will improve)
    Dorsey - ??? (who knows?)
    Hali - Yes
    DJ - No (he's bolting in 2011)
    DeMorrio Williams/Mays - No
    Vrabel - No (too old)
    Page - No
    Berry - Yes
    Carr - Yes
    Flowers - Yes

We have some nice pieces on special teams too, but that's it.

If tomorrow, all NFL players were thrown into a common pot and all teams did a superdraft, how long do you think it would be until a Chief was picked? 3rd round? 4th round? Later?

If every NFL owner were as inpatient as you there would be 0 coaches in the NFL hall of fame. GIVE IT TIME. I think that Haley has won more games as a Head coach then any of us on this site. And Pioli has more rings then anyone on this site. Give them time dont pretend you no more about building a team then them. Give this team a CHANCE just a Chance.
    Pioli was the personnel director for NE. He wasn't a GM. He wasn't a coach. He wasn't a player. Let's not pretend he's more than he was.

Herm Edwards' won a lot more games than any person on this board. Haley's lost a lot more games than any person on this board. What's your point?

I'd feel a lot better if I could understand what our plan is. From where I sit, it seems that we're signing a bunch of high character guys who don't fit the schemes the coached want to run.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    I agree. Do you see the irony of people saying that Weis and Crennel "have 5 to 6 rings between them"?

Would you agree with me that many GMs and coaches have been able to come in and turn lousy teams into winners in 2-3 years? And would you agree with me that we need to see improvement this year? While (almost) no one is thinking SB, would you agree that we should expect at least seven wins? And if we don't get them, wouldn't you agree that at that point it's time to start getting worried? And if you don't agree, how much time do you want to give?

What worries me most is that I don't see us building a bedrock here. Really, how many of our 22 starters do you see as long-term guys to build around?

Cassel - ???
    Charles - Yes
    Albert - No (at LT), Yes (elsewhere on OL)
    Waters - No (though he will for the next 2-3 years)
    Niswanger - No
    Asamoah - Yes
    O'Callaghan - No
    Moeaki - ???
    Chambers - No (though he will for the next 2-3 years)
    Bowe - ??? (I hope so, but fans are unreasonably prejudiced against him)
    Ron Edwards - Hell No
    Jackson - ??? (lousy '09, hopefully will improve)
    Dorsey - ??? (who knows?)
    Hali - Yes
    DJ - No (he's bolting in 2011)
    DeMorrio Williams/Mays - No
    Vrabel - No (too old)
    Page - No
    Berry - Yes
    Carr - Yes
    Flowers - Yes

We have some nice pieces on special teams too, but that's it.

If tomorrow, all NFL players were thrown into a common pot and all teams did a superdraft, how long do you think it would be until a Chief was picked? 3rd round? 4th round? Later?

Pioli was the personnel director for NE. He wasn't a GM. He wasn't a coach. He wasn't a player. Let's not pretend he's more than he was.

Herm Edwards' won a lot more games than any person on this board. Haley's lost a lot more games than any person on this board. What's your point?

I'd feel a lot better if I could understand what our plan is. From where I sit, it seems that we're signing a bunch of high character guys who don't fit the schemes the coached want to run.

I agree that we should see Improvement this year.

My point with the wins comment is simple. MAYBE just MAYBE They no what they are doing. Yes herm has also won many games. He got 3 years. This is not even into Haley Piolis 2nd and you have already made your mind up that the sky is falling. My point is Let THIS YEARS team with the new coaching in place take ONE SNAP before you declare them a complete failure. You listed 6 guys as long term fixes. And a few question marks. If one of those question marks turns out to be a yes then that would be 7. Getting 7 guys in 2 years is not a bad start. Considering how last seasons off season spent so much time just getting the coaching together. You didnt even list Mccluseter he could be anther yes. Take you hand off the panic button it's no were near time to worry. I will worry when I see this team as bad as its been the past few seasons. GIVE THEM A CHANCE is all I am saying.

My point with the wins comment is simple. MAYBE just MAYBE They no what they are doing. Yes herm has also won many games. He got 3 years. This is not even into Haley Piolis 2nd and you have already made your mind up that the sky is falling. My point is Let THIS YEARS team with the new coaching in place take ONE SNAP before you declare them a complete failure. You listed 6 guys as long term fixes. And a few question marks. If one of those question marks turns out to be a yes then that would be 7. Getting 7 guys in 2 years is not a bad start. Considering how last seasons off season spent so much time just getting the coaching together. You didnt even list Mccluseter he could be anther yes. Take you hand off the panic button it's no were near time to worry. I will worry when I see this team as bad as its been the past few seasons. GIVE THEM A CHANCE is all I am saying.
    Not as well as someone knows them. Someone here has all the answers. I mean we dont even have a 53 man roster yet and he knows how well the team is going to play. Its uncanny how well some people think they know something without all the facts.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

id stick with DJ...

Of those seven, most were already here before Pioli/Haley.

I'd also like to point out that depending on Charles to match last season's productivity level is asking too much. I will be thrilled if he does. Absolutely flabergasted!

But it reminds me a whole lot of 2005, when LJ had over 2700 yards in about half a season. The following year, teams started defending against what LJ was doing, instead of what Priest had been doing.

Last season, teams had somewhat of a defensive gameplan for The Chiefs already in place, and the difference in play-calling and RB skills surprised alot of teams.

In '06 teams defending LJ's "up the gut" running style slowed him drastically from '05. What took him only nine starts in '05 now took sixteen starts to equal.

Our opponents are not going to just sit back and defend the middle anymore. They will be coming in with a different defensive philosophy when they face us.

Again, I really hope that Charles is just so good that those defensive adjustments fail at slowing him down.

But it would be foolish of me to not consider it. And I am sure that our coaching staff has also considered it.

The good news is that our opponents will not be bringing the same defenses to our games that they were last year and before. We all know how our offense was doing against that.

Charles' explosion last season, if not completely repeatable, will cause defenses to spread out against us this year. No more "stack the middle and defend the pass". We will now be far less predictable.

And fewer defenders close to, and leaning toward the LOS should translate to less QB pressure, resulting in a refreshed passing attack.

It's a great opportunity for our offense. Just hope that we capitalize on it.

That would be the number one thing that I am looking for on offense this season.

Quote Originally Posted by jwill 747 View Post
    id stick with DJ...
    Me too. But DJ's bolting as soon as the season ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Not as well as someone knows them. Someone here has all the answers. I mean we dont even have a 53 man roster yet and he knows how well the team is going to play. Its uncanny how well some people think they know something without all the facts.
    So . . . does that mean people who think we're playoff bound should wait until we have our 53-man roster too?

Well, I didn't include Arenas and McCluster because they aren't starters. Nor are they intended to be such (Asamoah and Moeaki clearly are though). They're intended to be a 3WR and 3CB

And of those six, four (Carr, Flowers, Charles, and Hali) are pre-Piloi/Haley. I only have faith in their Asamoah/Berry picks to be Chiefs in three years.

My point was that we have questions or holes at most of our starting positions. And most good GMs/HCs would have found solutions in two offseasons, either in the draft or in FA.

And maybe you're right. Maybe they do know what they're doing. Maybe I'm underestimating Lilja, Shaun Smith, McCluster and the rest. Maybe our OC and DC turn Jackson, Dorsey, Cassel, etc. in to pro bowlers. But I just don't see it.

I'll admit, I've got nothing to base this on but my own judgment. I know most people on this board disagree with me. But I trust my judgment. And I think you will too in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    God, did anyone ever tell you that no one cares about your opinion? And posting "McCluster is awesome!" isn't the same thing as discussing something.
    Better watch what you say...Your fighting a one sided battle.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Better watch what you say...Your fighting a one sided battle.
    I've gone this far in my life without caring about your opinion, and I don't plan to start now. Mostly because I don't respect your opinion. I mean, why would I? Why would anybody?