Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chan Gailey: Good / Bad / Who cares?

Default Chan Gailey: Good / Bad / Who cares?

So as you obviously have pieced together due to my name I am a Buffalo Bills fan. You may or may not have heard that we hired Chan Gailey as our head coach. Now I know he was really only there for the offseason and a few preseason games but do any of you have any opinions on this guy? I mean, if someone got Dick Jauron (our previous head coach) id tell them to kick him out ASAP because he is nothing but HORRIBLE. I guess im just looking for a heads up on what other teams who have had him for a coach think.

Thanks and GO BILLS AND KC ;)

Quote Originally Posted by BillsFan2010 View Post
    So as you obviously have pieced together due to my name I am a Buffalo Bills fan. You may or may not have heard that we hired Chan Gailey as our head coach. Now I know he was really only there for the offseason and a few preseason games but do any of you have any opinions on this guy? I mean, if someone got Dick Jauron (our previous head coach) id tell them to kick him out ASAP because he is nothing but HORRIBLE. I guess im just looking for a heads up on what other teams who have had him for a coach think.

Chan Gailey is a good OC. He tends to maximize his talent (he made the likes of Tyler Thigpen and Mark Bradley look respectable). Players seem to like him and play hard for him.

That being said, I don't think he'll be a good head coach. He's too soft on players, and he tends to think he can scheme around anything rather than addressing personnel problems.

Yeah....that seems to be the impression i got as well. We seriously needed better players on our o-line and their was some seriously good talent at #9 but instead we went with CJ Spiller. I guess we shall wait and see....however, if the past is of any consequence I can see our 3 good RB's being downed by 9 men in the box because the rest of our offense is so impotent and our o line is like swiss cheese...sigh....

Go bills and KC anyway :)

Yeah....that seems to be the impression i got as well. We seriously needed better players on our o-line and their was some seriously good talent at #9 but instead we went with CJ Spiller. I guess we shall wait and see....however, if the past is of any consequence I can see our 3 good RB's being downed by 9 men in the box because the rest of our offense is so impotent and our o line is like swiss cheese...sigh....

Go bills and KC anyway :)
    Buffalo did two things I likes this offseason. First, they switched to the 3-4 and got some 3-4 personnel. Stroud/Troup/Edwards should be an above average-to-good DL for the next 2-3 years. Second, they signed Andra Davis, who was Denver's best front-7 player last season. He's going to help you against the run in a big way.

Other than that, there isn't much to like about being a Buffalo fan right now. Passing on Clausen in the 2nd was borderline criminal. You're in terrible shape in terms of your QB, OL, and receivers/TEs (except Lee Evans). I mean, Cornell Green (your new RT) was so bad that he got cut from the Raiders. The Raiders!

I know it sounds bad, but the Bills should look at trading a low draft pick for Tyler Thigpen. He doesn't have the best arm or accuracy, but he and Gailey get along well, and he's very good at avoiding the sack. And let's face it, Brohm, Fitzpatrick, and Edwards aren't going to last very long anyway behind that OL.

I don't know actually. Some coaches have to fail before they succeed. There is many out there, Shanarat, Billachuck, Turner etc...

It wasn't like Chan completely sucked as a HC. He just didn't live up the expectations that the Cow Pies wanted, coming off a dynasty type of era...

I think he did good things his one year in KC. He and Haley just were not on the same page.

I wouldn't count him out until he shows signes of incompetence in Buffalo. I don't really follow the Bills, so I don't know what kind of state they are in, but I imagine he will make due with has.

I have no idea what kind of team he would build under his own system as a HC. That is where the question marks come in. He can coach, but build a team?????

Yeah that seems to be the general consensus right now. Lets just sit back and see. Honestly, I think we need to focus on our o-line before getting a new quarterback. We have Trent Edwards and although I know a lot of people don't think he has what it takes anymore...he USED to. However, I dont care who we have under center....Tom Brady / Drew Brees / it really doesnt matter....when you have 3 guys rushing you as soon as the ball is snapped ....there really isn't much you can do. Trent started manning up and sitting in the pocket and it got him NAILED and 2 concussions later he won't sit in the pocket at all. I dont blame him. My one hope is that I'm completely wrong about our dismal team and that Chan is an ace in the hole that nobody would have guessed :P.

Anything fun been going on in KC?

Don't forget Jerry Jones said one of the big mistakes he has made was firing Chan Gailey.

b_LLS SUCk
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post

Other than that, there isn't much to like about being a Buffalo fan right now.

HA! There is ONE more thing to look forward to ;).

Fred Jackson + Marshawn Lynch + CJ Spiller.

If Chan Gailey can put them into a system that utilizes each of their three unique talent sets.....its one small glimmer of something to look forward to :P. I can see a double end around wildcat that starts with lynch, shuttles to jackson and then is screen passed to spiller ;) lol. Idk....im not a coach but if our o-line can pull it together AT ALL for these three we might have the SLIGHTEST hope lol.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXtwxYiKYwQ"]YouTube- Fred Jackson & Marshawn Lynch Highlights 2009[/ame]

^--- thats a good highlight real of jackson / lynch from last year....just in case you don't know who they are ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    b_LLS SUCk

Thank you for your truly thought provoking and insightful input :P I feel like im back on the bills forums :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast