Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Page formally ask for a trade!

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    It's kind of sad. I was looking forward to some kind of Page/Berry safety tandem. He is talented and I think will be a starter somewhere else. He's got decent ball hawking skills. I just don't know what his problem is. This team has all the potential in place and is going the right direction. With Crennel and Thomas coaching this guy up he could have turned a corner. Now I wouldn't care if we just released him. Or maybe we'll trade him for someone's 2011 5th or 6th rounder and use it in this year's supplemental draft for Unga. Either way,Page basically turned down his best chance at being a part of something special and I don't think he'll ever reach his full potential like I think he could have done in Kansas City.
    It's because he's being asked to play out of position (SS) in a high injury spot without a long term contract in a contract year.

He was never going to be more than a stopgap at SS anyway, and we'd have replaced him in 2011. And he (like DJ) would have bolted at the beginning of this offseason if it weren't for the fact that 5th year players were RFAs instead of UFAs in the last year of the CBA.

A lot of guys were asked to play out of position and they did or are; plus they're doing well (Hali, Studebaker, Washington). If this is the case, then Page is acting like Haynesworth. Instead of playing his best football and being a part of something bigger than himself he's pouting.

Quick thought though, maybe our best trade partner would be Houston? Pollard may be clamoring to have his old buddy beside him with the Texans. 6th or 7th round pick for him is fine by me!
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

A lot of guys were asked to play out of position and they did or are; plus they're doing well (Hali, Studebaker, Washington). If this is the case, then Page is acting like Haynesworth. Instead of playing his best football and being a part of something bigger than himself he's pouting.

Quick thought though, maybe our best trade partner would be Houston? Pollard may be clamoring to have his old buddy beside him with the Texans. 6th or 7th round pick for him is fine by me!

*Also add Dorsey, Jackson and Ron Edwards
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

*Also add Dorsey, Jackson and Ron Edwards

*and Derrick Johnson
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

I wasn't defending Page. I was just saying why he's doing what he's doing. It's like Brandon Marshall last season with the Broncos. He doesn't like the system, knows he isn't there long term, and he doesn't want to get hurt right before his contract year.

Also, Jackson isn't playing out of position, Studebaker and Washington haven't shown anything on the field yet, and Edwards is awful at a NT. I admire the hell out of Dorsey and Hali though.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    I wasn't defending Page. I was just saying why he's doing what he's doing. It's like Brandon Marshall last season with the Broncos. He doesn't like the system, knows he isn't there long term, and he doesn't want to get hurt right before his contract year.

Also, Jackson isn't playing out of position, Studebaker and Washington haven't shown anything on the field yet, and Edwards is awful at a NT. I admire the hell out of Dorsey and Hali though.
    4-3 DE in college to a 3-4 DE in the NFL is out of position. It's a whole new game to learn. You're dead on Washington and Edwards though, they haven't proven anything. I just meant to say that they're willing to do what it takes to make the team better. Studebaker had 2 starts, 11 tackles, 2 INT and 3 passes defensed. I think he's proved at least a little something there.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Give him to the Royals lol. He was offered a job in MLB, so now here's his chance.

It's a shame we let the wrong safety go last season. I hope we can get a 6th for him, but I'd settle for a 7th.

yeah we should have traded Page instead of Pollard. i forget though wasn't there an incident with pollard that lead to his trade. fighting or something?

he wasn't that great, big deal. Nobody would be dumb enough to give anything for him. He was a great value for his 7th round pick status, but still no reason to over pay him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast