Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visiting KC

Default Visiting KC

My father and I are planning to come to Kansas City to see the 49ers/Chiefs game this year and I figured I'd ask a couple questions here.

First off we are looking for possibly the BEST BBQ joint in town, just so long it isn't too pricey. We have decided to check out Chapell's for sure since it seems to be popular and plus the museum looks awesome. What are some other places you recommend we eat at? Does any of the places sell BBQ sauce?

What should I know about tailgating or Arrowhead before hand?

What are some other sites to see around KC?

I'm really excited to come home to KC. I was born there and my family left when I was two so it's going to be an awesome experience. We'll be coming all the way from Orlando, FL. I've only seen the Chiefs at Tampa, Jacksonville and Atlanta and now finally where it matters most. I'll be seeing the home we had when we lived there and of course cap it off with a win over the '9ers.

Any info or anything anyone posts will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

We will have chiefscrowd members at the 49ers game and there will be tailgaating, so come join us.
    As far as BBQ, Gates and Bryants are the most popular, although there are several others that are real good.

I agree with pbatrucker that Gates and Bryants are the best, my personal favorite is gates. The times I have been to Kansas City hasn't been for more than a day or two just to catch a game so I don't know of too many toursist attractions, I've heard that you can gamble on the river, I'm not too sure about that though which is something that I would like to check out when I go up there later this year. I enjoyed going down through the plaza, a lot of shops and things to do.

For tailgating come join us, Chiefs fans are more then welcome! The MNF game will be my first Arrowhead tailgating experience so I am looking forward to it, especially with these guys here on the forum. Enjoy your time in KC.

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    We will have chiefscrowd members at the 49ers game and there will be tailgaating, so come join us.
    As far as BBQ, Gates and Bryants are the most popular, although there are several others that are real good.
    Who says they are the most popular?

Jack Stack is the best and for some Reason Oklahoma Joes is a favorite (not mine though).

Gates is fast food BBQ with a BBQ sauce that kills any flavor the meat had. If you have bland BBQ, through some Gates on there and it taste better. Good BBQ does not require BBQ sauce.

I have not eaten at Bryants, but I have had their sauce. That was enough for me to never go there.

We went to Gates last Oct. and it was great! We are looking to try a different one this year. Maybe make it the "thing to do" while in K.C. New BBQ place each time. I also heard something about Oklahoma Joes I think?
    **ChiefsChick**

Welcome aboard the "Crowd"!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennBree View Post
    We went to Gates last Oct. and it was great! We are looking to try a different one this year. Maybe make it the "thing to do" while in K.C. New BBQ place each time. I also heard something about Oklahoma Joes I think?
    If you come to the Monday Night Home opener, you can try some home made BBQ... The only complaint I have ever heard of my BBQ came from myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    If you come to the Monday Night Home opener, you can try some home made BBQ... The only complaint I have ever heard of my BBQ came from myself.
    Oh we'll be there!!! Can't wait!!
    **ChiefsChick**

I love LC's its got the best burnt ends in town ! and its old school bbq , not a franchise type bbq like gates .Its in kind of a less than attractive building but once inside you will know why you are there . the BBQ ! Try it and you won't be sorry .

I think we are going to eat at Jack Stack since we are visiting Country Club Plaza during our trip. I love BBQ so I'm sure no place would of disappointed. Thanks for all the recommendations.

Hope to see some you at the tailgate before the 49ers game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast