Thread: What Radio Station Will You Turn to?

Default What Radio Station Will You Turn to?

As I was driving into work this morning that idiot Shan Shariff on 610 was blasting the Royals and Chiefs. Then I switched it over to 810 where they were geeking out over the world cup and watching Jake eat a hamburger. With training camp just 5 weeks away, I started to ponder about which station would actually provide good pre season coverage, 610 or 810. The "strengths" of 610 might be Fescoe and Nick Wright. The "strengths" of 810 could be all of their shows, if they are focused. Kevin Kietzman does an awful lot of grumbling and bad segments including "advertiser trivia". It was not that long ago when we were getting good pre season coverage from Grunhard, Maas, and yes, even Whitlock. Jason Whitlock used to call the Denver and Oakland radio stations and talk smack to them on the air. That was fun radio. Do we have that now? Which station do you think will offer the best pre season coverage?

I switch regularly depending on the content of that day or segment. I prefer 810 in the monring until they take it to the non sports level, which they do every day and then it just because a love fest over stupid stuff between them.

Fesco is good for interviews, but he spends to much effort in stirring the pot, and I often find myself thinking he is an idiot for even trying to discuss some of the crap that he is using for the stick.

I don't like Nicks arrogance, but I also hate the K-State station under Kevin Kietzman. Some times Nick is right on, but the way he presents it is annoying. I despise Jim Rome and Nick kind of rubs me that way.

When Kietzman is conducting his interview, he is great. But when he summarizes the interview, you kind of scratch your head wondering how he heard that out of the interview. His opinions are crap and I can't stand his soap box rants.

Soren Petro needs to move to evenings. I like his show.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I switch regularly depending on the content of that day or segment. I prefer 810 in the monring until they take it to the non sports level, which they do every day and then it just because a love fest over stupid stuff between them.

Fesco is good for interviews, but he spends to much effort in stirring the pot, and I often find myself thinking he is an idiot for even trying to discuss some of the crap that he is using for the stick.

I don't like Nicks arrogance, but I also hate the K-State station under Kevin Kietzman. Some times Nick is right on, but the way he presents it is annoying. I despise Jim Rome and Nick kind of rubs me that way.

When Kietzman is conducting his interview, he is great. But when he summarizes the interview, you kind of scratch your head wondering how he heard that out of the interview. His opinions are crap and I can't stand his soap box rants.

Soren Petro needs to move to evenings. I like his show.
    You are right about Nick Wright. It is like there are two Jim Romes on the same station. Flipping back and forth is the only options sometimes and you are right about Soren. He needs to be afternoons. His show on KcChiefs.com is actually really good. I think his show would be more popular than Nick Wright in the afternoon, but there is no way they are going to move "soap box" from that time slot.

I only listen to Mitch and Len if I am listening to radio.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>