Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Croyle

Default Mr. Croyle

Chiefs QB Brodie Croyle Talks About Wanting To Be A Starter - Arrowhead Pride

In light of this article, I started thinking about our QB situation. And when I thought about it, Croyle has always played well when healthy (remember last year's opener against the Raven's D?!). Again, his problem has always been injury related. But Weis' offense seems to be designed around getting rid of the ball quick to guys who can do something with it. This style of offense should lead to less QB sacks/pressures/hits. If Croyle could remain healthy all season, I think he would outplay Cassel. Don't get me wrong, I like Cassel and hope he does well. But I always thought Brodie would do well if he could stay healthy. He's got a strong arm, he's accurate and he can make a decision (faster than Cassel at least). I will quietly be rooting for Brodie to get a shot this year. Of course, if Cassel shows up, I'm good with that too!! What do you guys think?
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    My opinion: Croyle is the most talented QB on the team. His arm strength is far superior to Cassel's and he has a much quicker release. This is undeniable. The problem is he can't stay on the field because he's brittle. If this was flag football he would be MVP.

One of the 2 or 3 best games for a QB on our team last season was by Croyle, in his 1 start... against one of the best defenses we played last season. Just saying.
    If this was true he would be starting now.. If this was true he would have an NFL win under his belt.

Fact of the matter the only sucess you have seen Croyle make is going through his reads and dumping the ball of to his safety valve. When the game was on the line and he had to make a throw for yards, he either failed with an INT or incomplete pass. Thus his oustanding winning record.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Wow, so you're saying you'd rather have some unknown kid like Palko in there? At least I think that's him.

Sure, he makes conservative throws and gets injured easily, but he can manage the game, at least.
    Being that Croyle is 0-15, YES! What would we have to lose by taking a chance with Palko?
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

My opinion: Croyle is the most talented QB on the team. His arm strength is far superior to Cassel's and he has a much quicker release. This is undeniable. The problem is he can't stay on the field because he's brittle. If this was flag football he would be MVP.

One of the 2 or 3 best games for a QB on our team last season was by Croyle, in his 1 start... against one of the best defenses we played last season. Just saying.
    So in your opinion, Croyle could have and would have had the same success (wins) in N.E. that Cassel did? I' would bet waaaayyyy against that.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    So in your opinion, Croyle could have and would have had the same success (wins) in N.E. that Cassel did? I' would bet waaaayyyy against that.
    Yes. I believe just about any QB in the NFL would do very well with a spread style offense like the Patriots, Randy Moss & Wes Welker, a great offensive line, and HoF-bound coach.

Yes. I believe just about any QB in the NFL would do very well with a spread style offense like the Patriots, Randy Moss & Wes Welker, a great offensive line, and HoF-bound coach.
    Like Matt Cassel did in New England? He was almost a pro bowler that year and certainly got them to to the playoffs....

Just saying....
    Resident Ambassador!

Quote Originally Posted by KCINNYC View Post
    Like Matt Cassel did in New England? He was almost a pro bowler that year and certainly got them to to the playoffs....

Just saying....
    I actually went back and watched almost every Pats game from 2008 after we traded for Cassel. I guess I really wasn't impressed. I saw a lot of checkdowns to Welker, and a lot of Welker making plays. I also saw Cassel have a very hard time getting the ball to Moss deep. And the stats back that up as Moss had a big dropoff from the season before.

I know he won games, but a football team is more than 1 person, and the Patriots were very good at most positions. The Ravens won a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer being a below average QB. The Steelers won in spite of Roethlisberger when he was a rookie and not good yet.

I want to be wrong, but I'm just giving my honest opinion from what I see on the field. Watching Croyle get crushed from his blind side all the time didn't show me anything, except that we had a terrible offensive line. So I don't see how a fair assessment can be made about him. Maybe Cassel will come out and kill it this year. I hope so.

Your certainly allowed to have your opinion but I laughed out loud when I read this. I bet we could name 15 or so that a majority would agree could not win 11 games with that team. Keep in mind Cassel was sacked I think over 40 times give or take a few that year. IMO, Croyle is near the top of that list. Not many physically or mentally tough enough to be sacked that many times and still have the poise to win 11 games.

Quote Originally Posted by KCINNYC View Post

Just saying....
    New England missed the playoffs in 2008......

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    New England missed the playoffs in 2008......
    True, they were one of the very few teams going 11-5 on the regular season and missed the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    True, they were one of the very few teams going 11-5 on the regular season and missed the playoffs.
    First time in history I believe.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast