Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Mr. Croyle

Default Mr. Croyle

Chiefs QB Brodie Croyle Talks About Wanting To Be A Starter - Arrowhead Pride

In light of this article, I started thinking about our QB situation. And when I thought about it, Croyle has always played well when healthy (remember last year's opener against the Raven's D?!). Again, his problem has always been injury related. But Weis' offense seems to be designed around getting rid of the ball quick to guys who can do something with it. This style of offense should lead to less QB sacks/pressures/hits. If Croyle could remain healthy all season, I think he would outplay Cassel. Don't get me wrong, I like Cassel and hope he does well. But I always thought Brodie would do well if he could stay healthy. He's got a strong arm, he's accurate and he can make a decision (faster than Cassel at least). I will quietly be rooting for Brodie to get a shot this year. Of course, if Cassel shows up, I'm good with that too!! What do you guys think?
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    True, they were one of the very few teams going 11-5 on the regular season and missed the playoffs.
    Either way, I couldn't see Croyle winning that many games even with that same team that year.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Either way, I couldn't see Croyle winning that many games even with that same team that year.
    Exactly. And if that is the model of the team we are going to become, (McCluster is Wes Welker for instance) than Cassel is going to do well this year. I think they ALWAYS knew that they were going to go that way, they ALWAYS knew that in a year Weis and Crennel would be available, they ALWAYS knew last year was a throw away year and a year to evaluate talent and let Todd Haley get his feet wet. I think this year is the first real year of the rebuild
    Resident Ambassador!

Quote Originally Posted by KCINNYC View Post
    Exactly. And if that is the model of the team we are going to become, (McCluster is Wes Welker for instance) than Cassel is going to do well this year. I think they ALWAYS knew that they were going to go that way, they ALWAYS knew that in a year Weis and Crennel would be available, they ALWAYS knew last year was a throw away year and a year to evaluate talent and let Todd Haley get his feet wet. I think this year is the first real year of the rebuild
    I think Charlie Weis was pretty surprised to find himself available, much less Pioli and Haley.

And it's good to know that 2009 was a throwaway year. They'll refund the fans who bought tickets, right?

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    I think Charlie Weis was pretty surprised to find himself available, much less Pioli and Haley.

And it's good to know that 2009 was a throwaway year. They'll refund the fans who bought tickets, right?
    I dont think that to many people outside of Charlie were surprised that he was let go at ND. There had been rumors for a long time that he was on the hot seat there. After they loss 2 games I think everyone knew that he was gone at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by KCINNYC View Post
    I think towards the end of last season the rebuilding under the new management began . They got A LOT done this offseason IMO I no some argue that but they really did do alot. They wanted Charlie and Romeo they went out and got them. We got one the best rb duos in the NFL. I cant wait to see this team on the field this season. It should be much better then what we have seen in a long time.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345