Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Croyle

Default Mr. Croyle

Chiefs QB Brodie Croyle Talks About Wanting To Be A Starter - Arrowhead Pride

In light of this article, I started thinking about our QB situation. And when I thought about it, Croyle has always played well when healthy (remember last year's opener against the Raven's D?!). Again, his problem has always been injury related. But Weis' offense seems to be designed around getting rid of the ball quick to guys who can do something with it. This style of offense should lead to less QB sacks/pressures/hits. If Croyle could remain healthy all season, I think he would outplay Cassel. Don't get me wrong, I like Cassel and hope he does well. But I always thought Brodie would do well if he could stay healthy. He's got a strong arm, he's accurate and he can make a decision (faster than Cassel at least). I will quietly be rooting for Brodie to get a shot this year. Of course, if Cassel shows up, I'm good with that too!! What do you guys think?
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    Chiefs QB Brodie Croyle Talks About Wanting To Be A Starter - Arrowhead Pride

In light of this article, I started thinking about our QB situation. And when I thought about it, Croyle has always played well when healthy (remember last year's opener against the Raven's D?!). Again, his problem has always been injury related. But Weis' offense seems to be designed around getting rid of the ball quick to guys who can do something with it. This style of offense should lead to less QB sacks/pressures/hits. If Croyle could remain healthy all season, I think he would outplay Cassel. Don't get me wrong, I like Cassel and hope he does well. But I always thought Brodie would do well if he could stay healthy. He's got a strong arm, he's accurate and he can make a decision (faster than Cassel at least). I will quietly be rooting for Brodie to get a shot this year. Of course, if Cassel shows up, I'm good with that too!! What do you guys think?
    I don't get paid to think.

I honestly don't care as long as whoever is the QB can do the job.

I would be thrilled if brokie becomes Brody and plays to his potential. He has just been, well brokie all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I would be thrilled if brokie becomes Brody and plays to his potential. He has just been, well brokie all the time.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Matt Cassel will definatley be the starter for years to come IMO (over croyle anyway) but I think Brodie Croyle is a good play but that his injuries have played a huge role in him not being a starter on another team too.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Matt Cassel will definatley be the starter for years to come IMO (over croyle anyway) but I think Brodie Croyle is a good play but that his injuries have played a huge role in him not being a starter on another team too.
    Just to correct your thinking my young friend, down under in Australia, Brodie has only played in the NFL for the Chief's. He was drafted by the Chief's, and has never played for any other team. He may well become a starter again, for a NFL team, given the opportunity.

Last edited by tornadospotter; 06-25-2010 at 10:52 PM.

id take healthy brodie over cant make a descision cassel any day

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    id take healthy brodie over cant make a descision cassel any day
    This has been the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Just to correct your thinking my young friend, down under in Australia, Brodie has only played in the NFL for the Chief's. He was drafted by the Chief's, and has never played for any other team. He may well become a starter again, for a NFL team, given the opportunity.

I didn't explain it properly. What I meant was if he WAS completely healthy for all of his career another team might have wanted to trade for him or offered him a good conrtact and THERE he could have been a starter. Theoretically.

Brodie has more talent, just not well put together. He's a solid backup, so we don't have to freak out when Cassel gets injured. I'm happy to have him on the team.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast