Thread: Moving part deux!

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Default Moving part deux!

OK everyone! I will try not to go into a rant about what the last few weeks have been like for me and my wife! As you all know we had a job offer in PA and we were working out the details for a home we had chosen. After more than a month of the landlord and rental agent dragging their feet and the employer and job recruiter renegotiating my job offer without my consent I started looking for another opportunity. We have made the move to Tulsa Oklahoma and I have made it through my first week of work! What we could not get done in 6 months in PA, we got done in 6 days on our own! I got a better job offer and we got into a nice home in the Tulsa suburb of Broken Arrow, OK. It was a last ditch effort to find a job in the industry that I work in and also stay in the midwest instead of 1200 miles away! This literally has been a whirlwind move. We came down and finalized the job offer on a monday morn. Stayed looking at homes until we signed a lease on thurs. We drove back to KS and We moved the entire house the following monday! I hope I gave you the shortened version of it all as it would take forever to give the full story! It woulda ended up like Connies story about her cruise although mine woulda had alot of foul language! Anyhow, I should be back on more often now and will catch you all soon! BTW! Chiefster! I drove through Coffeyville 4 times now! I will let you know when we head back towards KS again! Later all!

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Also, I forgot! As much as I like the Tulsa area and Oklahoma as of now? The 1 thing I absolutely hate!? NO COLD BEER IS SOLD AT THE LIQOUR STORE! Also, only non import beer you can buy other than the micro brews is Pabst Blue Ribbon! You can only buy Bud, Coors, Miller, Michelob etc in the convenience store and its 3.2 beer! So, it has been taking me awhile to get used to the taste of PBR! Oh well, after a few beers they all start to taste the regardless of the label!

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    Also, I forgot! As much as I like the Tulsa area and Oklahoma as of now? The 1 thing I absolutely hate!? NO COLD BEER IS SOLD AT THE LIQOUR STORE! Also, only non import beer you can buy other than the micro brews is Pabst Blue Ribbon! You can only buy Bud, Coors, Miller, Michelob etc in the convenience store and its 3.2 beer! So, it has been taking me awhile to get used to the taste of PBR! Oh well, after a few beers they all start to taste the regardless of the label!
    well good thing yo didn't end up here in Pa, our liquor stores are state run, only now are a select few allowed open on sunday and they do NOT sell any beer there. case beer can only be got at a beer distributor but six packs can be had from bars and pizza joints...which both can be found on every street in my area. we have a no open container law so you can't walk down the street with a bottle, unless in in a paper bag.

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    3.2?? seriously?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Oh wow!! I had no idea you didn't move to Pennsylvania as planned! I'm happy you were able to stay closer to KC, as you're not 'that' far that you couldn't road trip it to Arrowhead and attend a game! I'm also happy you're happier with the job opportunity and home! Appears everything worked out for the best! YEEHAW!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Oh wow!! I had no idea you didn't move to Pennsylvania as planned! I'm happy you were able to stay closer to KC, as you're not 'that' far that you couldn't road trip it to Arrowhead and attend a game! I'm also happy you're happier with the job opportunity and home! Appears everything worked out for the best! YEEHAW!
    Except he is stuck with beer that is 3.2%!!! (We call that non alocoholic beer in Canada!!)
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

3.2 I've always believed is part of living in the 'bible belt' of America.
    **ChiefsChick**

Quote Originally Posted by GlennBree View Post
    3.2 I've always believed is part of living in the 'bible belt' of America.

Well the Bible does admonish us to "Be not drunk..."

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Except he is stuck with beer that is 3.2%!!! (We call that non alocoholic beer in Canada!!)

Yeah, I noted that, haha. I don't care for 3.2 either, very "flat"..."watery"...not sure how else to describe it, haha.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~