Thread: Fourth of July Fireworks Celebrations

Default Fourth of July Fireworks Celebrations

Did anybody attend any Fireworks displays? Around here in the Houston area we have several including the largest land based display in the US called "Freedom Over Texas" this year they had Pat Green and Little Big Town performing, it was realy nice.

Resident Celebrity

I was not in attendance here, but I really like the song.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k99Q1eQT9xw"]YouTube- White Heart- Independence Day Music Video[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I was not in attendance here, but I really like the song.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNTNZPZxQ0g"]YouTube- "America the Beautiful" by Acappella[/ame]

I like this.

Me too buddy!

That video was awesome Chiefster! I got a bit sad seeing the Twin Towers though. I like the lead singers patchwork style Flag shirt too!

Clint...no city fireworks, haha. My son & his wife, daughter & her hubby, & grandkids came to my house to grill. The kids' lit off their assortment of fireworks, nothing too big or fancy though. That's been our tradition for years. We had the best time, haha. The kids entertained after fireworks dancing to Michael Jackson songs, Lady Gaga too. My 6 yr old grand-daughter Madeline stole the show, she's full of personality and is a riot! My stomach hurt so bad from laughing, & tears of laughter too.

The 80 acres my house is built on is the 2nd highest elevation in our county, and any direction you look 360º you can see fireworks going off from surrounding cities & towns in the distance. They're not close, but it's pretty awesome to see them all around. :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~