Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Reasonable expectations for this season

Default Reasonable expectations for this season

Matt Cassell will come into his second year even though im not a fan im sure he will be better.
    We added another good RB so that's a step up.
    The O-line looked better toward the end of last season.
    Our Db's are a big step up.
    We picked up a potential threat on as a slot receive.
    But we did little to nothing on stuffing the run and rushing the QB.

I think we will be a better team with better coaches, but I don't expect us to go to the playoffs if we do that's awesome but I will be very happy if we can go 7-9 and have good solid games where we don't look like amateurs. What are your expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I'll fight you!!
    Ok

I think .500 would be good... of course, a playoff appearance would be outstanding.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    I think .500 would be good... of course, a playoff appearance would be outstanding.
    +1

If the Chiefs win seven games, we should throw them a parade.

The big question is Cassel. He's owed a very large bonus next offseason. If he does as badly this year as he did last year, we're going to need a new QB. If he does great, then we don't.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Me too. I think Haley made some mistakes last season. But that was last season.

But if they don't improve this team, then they will fall out of my favor.

Haley definately made his share of mistakes last year, I feel like he coached preseason type football most of the year, meaning he did player evaluation all year rather than play to win........All that being said I will not go against him yet, as he and GM have made huge improvements in just coaching staff alone and I'm excited to see how there strategy works out...theres more than one way to built a super bowl team, Right now I'm possitively excited to sit back and watch the new show of the NFL.

9 and 7 for the Chiefs!

I think that both Haley and Pioli came to the team last year and had no idea who was going to be a good player and who wasn't. they drafted players last year based on evaluations done by scouts who prepped all year for Herm Edwards' style of play.

I think they accepted that last year we would suck, and simply put the screws to all the players to see who would fold and who would flourish.

Larry Johnson folded.
    Tamba Hali flouished.

This year, I think all of the players know the expectations on them, and I actually think the team is going to be significantly better.

I still would like to see us get a major upgrade at the ILB position. We need a thumper who will stuff the run in the middle so that DJ can run free. If DJ doesn't re-sign this offseason, we will need ANOTHER ILB.

I don't think our nose tackle situation is as dire as everyone else does, but I do believe we need to draft one soon.

I Am Thinking More Like 10-6 Season. Last Year With Todd Haley Being The Offensive Coor. And Head Coach Really Put A Daper On The Teams Performance. Matt Cassel Could Not Get Relaxed And Play His Game With Todd Haley Cursing Him Out On The Sidelines. We Have The Players On Defensive And Better Def. Coor. Too.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234