Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: terrel owens not interested in kc

Default terrel owens not interested in kc

thank god. he stated on a radio show earlier that him and haley do not get along and that he would not be interested in kc.good t.o. you clown you are washed up

TO is a prime example of a talented athlete whose personality makes one want to buy him for what he's worth and sell him for what he thinks he's worth.

He maybe one of the leagues finest wide receivers but his personality makes him a liability which drastically lowers his stock as it where.

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    I hate TO....

Really...HATE him.

I am after all a 49er fan.

However it is hard to deny the statistics he has put up.

He is #3 all time for Receiving yards (behind Rice and Bruce)

He is #3 all time for Receiving TDs (behind Rice and Moss)

He is #6 all time for receptions (behind Rice, Harrison, Carter, Brown and Bruce)

He is #10 all time for receiving yards per game played

The only stat that I could find where he wasn't in the top-10 for career stats was yards per catch where he has a very respectable 14.9 (for comparison, Jerry Rice was 14.8)...and the guys on top of that list are typically not your top WRs (only 2 of the top 20 are even hall of famers), they are your occasional deep threats, who can't be relied on for much else.

TO sadly is one of the top 5 WR talents alltime in this game. He has also squandered a lot of his potential legacy by being a complete jerk.
    All of those numbers come from playing on very good teams. He has always had good QBs throwing to him, he has always been the centerpiece of the passing game. Obviously he put up good numbers. What happened when he went to an avearge team in Buffalo? Did he elevate anyones game? Did he putPhilly over the hump and win a SB? Did Dallas win a bunch of playoff games with him? Fact is, he never helped ANY of those teams do anything. He is a decent physical receiver who had a ton of good players around him and he still managed to mess up every one of those teams. I know some people will look at the numbers and say that is the only factor in judging his abilities. If that is what you think makes a great player then be all means sign him up. JUst dont complain along with all the 49er fans,Philly fans, Dallas fans and fubbalo fans that he just messed things up. Your contributions off the field are just as important as contributions on the field.

Top 5?? Not a Chance

Jerry Rice
    Chris Cater
    Art Monk
    Randy Moss
    Marvin Harrison

You honestly put him above any one those guys?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Your just looking for reasons to say say he is not an all time great receiver Canada. You say all of his numbers came from being on good teams, that's a revalation? How were Rice's teams? Harrison's teams? The list goes on and on. Most all time greats were on good teams and had good players around them. There are a few exceptions (Barry Sanders) but for the most part they all have been on good teams so that argument holds no water with me.

He has been a productive player on the field for his entire career and been more help than hurt to his teams. You ask if he put any of those teams over the hump. If your question is did he get them to the Sperbowl single handedly the answer is no but not many players do it by themselves. Here's a question, were the teams he was on better with him on the team? Would they have been a better or worse team with or without him. Remember it's all about winning. I find it hard to believe that anyone would say any of the teams he has been on would have been a better team with out him on it. I finally looked up some stats and he has been over 1000 yds 9 times in 14 years and 5 of those years he was closer to 1500 yds. He has almost 15,000 receiving yds and has only fumbled the ball 10 times in over 1000 catches. He has almost 150 TD's!! Of the above mentioned guys, Art Monk is not anywhere near the top 5 or 10 for that matter. There are some lists out there that have some old timers above Owens and quite a few that have Harrison behind him. I've never said top 5 but now that I have done a little research, he is clearly a top 10 all time WR and has HOF numbers. The crap attitude might keep him out but his numbers certainly are qualifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Your just looking for reasons to say say he is not an all time great receiver Canada. You say all of his numbers came from being on good teams, that's a revalation? How were Rice's teams? Harrison's teams? The list goes on and on. Most all time greats were on good teams and had good players around them. There are a few exceptions (Barry Sanders) but for the most part they all have been on good teams so that argument holds no water with me.

He has been a productive player on the field for his entire career and been more help than hurt to his teams. You ask if he put any of those teams over the hump. If your question is did he get them to the Sperbowl single handedly the answer is no but not many players do it by themselves. Here's a question, were the teams he was on better with him on the team? Would they have been a better or worse team with or without him. Remember it's all about winning. I find it hard to believe that anyone would say any of the teams he has been on would have been a better team with out him on it. I finally looked up some stats and he has been over 1000 yds 9 times in 14 years and 5 of those years he was closer to 1500 yds. He has almost 15,000 receiving yds and has only fumbled the ball 10 times in over 1000 catches. He has almost 150 TD's!! Of the above mentioned guys, Art Monk is not anywhere near the top 5 or 10 for that matter. There are some lists out there that have some old timers above Owens and quite a few that have Harrison behind him. I've never said top 5 but now that I have done a little research, he is clearly a top 10 all time WR and has HOF numbers. The crap attitude might keep him out but his numbers certainly are qualifying.
    No, that has been the point of all this.

I really dont want to waste anymore time talking about T.O. I really don't care. He signed with the Bengals, everyones happy.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    No, that has been the point of all this.

I really dont want to waste anymore time talking about T.O. I really don't care. He signed with the Bengals, everyones happy.
    A great big...

...THIS!

Its funny how a person can hate someone so much that no matter what they do they will still hate that person. Personal opinion does not erase what a person accomplishes. The fact is I have read a comparrison in this 6 pages of comments and it was LJ = TO in a KC locker room. So now no matter what if a Chiefs fan doesn't like a player they get the automatic LJ tag. Yea LJ was a jackass. We all agreed so much that he was a failure as a Chief that he basically gave up on the field and he gave up in the public eye. I don't see TO doing that. As much as I don't like TO he has yet to give up as a player ON THE FIELD. The guy can play ball and he does have a jackass attitude but all in all he has produced better than average numbers almost everywhere he has played football. Last year in a team enviroment where everyone thought when he joined the Bills they were headed to the playoffs simply due one man, they did not go. That proves that this is not a one man sport. TO is a Cinci player now and the bengals have TO on one side and an even bigger mouth on the other side in Chad the bad. Double the trouble off the field and even more so on the field.
    Chiefs Nation

Whether you like T.O. or not (personally I don't) he has made some good contributions on the field and I feel that his ego-centric personality has finally caught up with him along with age. But, the fact is he does not fit the type of player that Pioli and Haley are looking for. Just look at the Pats, this team is being built the same way. It more about team than personalities. He'll be a perfect fit with the Bengals where it seems they cater more to those type of people.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

Personally, I'm surprised he's not a Fader.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456