Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: terrel owens not interested in kc

Default terrel owens not interested in kc

thank god. he stated on a radio show earlier that him and haley do not get along and that he would not be interested in kc.good t.o. you clown you are washed up

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    He got 829 yards. GReat asset, funny how no one wants to factor in the problems he brings with him. Thats the difference between a good reciever and a great WR.

Lets not forget that he has played on a lot of pretty good teams and he has not gotten any of them over the hump. Throw a million good balls at a guy, hes bound to catch some.

AND DH>>>Top 10? Really? Thats a joke right?
    I'm just arguing that I didn't see the problems last year. Buffalo's QB's are terrible. Now you could argue that he should have elevated the QB's, but who cares. It's Fubbalo, and I know how you hate them .

Comparing him to LJ isn't that accurate though. LJ has displayed problems with the law, and utter disrespect for his coaches and teammates. Owens has not had any off-field problems, and his on-field problems are more related to disagreements with teammates. In the end though, he is just like Todd Haley...he wants to win.

When Philly went to the Super Bowl in 2004, he put up 1200 receiving yards and 14 TDs in 14 games. He was injured for the Super Bowl game with a horrible sprained ankle and played through it. I personally think he just gets a bad reputation from the media because every little thing he does is reported on and because he likes to celebrate in the endzone.

I acknowledge that he's past his prime, but I still think he would contribute to this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Look at the numbers Canada. They can not be disputed and that is how players are ranked. On field production and his numbers all point in his favor.
    Oh i see, personal conduct and all his off the field bullsh!t can be ignored? Sorry, but there is more than numbers that make a player great. Im pretty sure Chambers can put up TOs Fubbalo like numbers, and we wont have the circus sideshow that TO brings to the table.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

He's a Bengal now.

Resident Celebrity

But you also have to look at his numbers the last 3 seasons. Dallas couldn't get enough production out of him, which is why they cut him. He has gone downhill fast and with his baggage that is a huge risk. As far as the Bungals go, they are the poster child for the "almost" team. Always have been, always will be. After TO doesn't get enough of Palmers attention, he'll start spouting off like he did in Dallas and then the whole "how long til he's gone" chorus will start up. He did it in SF, he did it in Philadelphia, he did it in Dallas and he did it in Buffalo though not as bad. But yeah, he's a gamer and an asset to every team he's played for and who have cut him every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Oh i see, personal conduct and all his off the field bullsh!t can be ignored? Sorry, but there is more than numbers that make a player great. Im pretty sure Chambers can put up TOs Fubbalo like numbers, and we wont have the circus sideshow that TO brings to the table.
    If you read my posts I have said I didn't know whether his locker room antics are worth having him but as far as the comment made of him having a "decent career" that is simply not an accurate statement. Career meaning on the field and those my friend are numbers that in total of 13, 14, 15 years, however long he has been in the league are some of the best ever and cannot be denied. Obviously he has had ridiculous off field antics however has never been "in trouble" like others. I'll say it again, as far as him being a locker room cancer, I agree 100% with the exception of last year but if your true to yourself you cannot argue with his career totals on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    He's a Bengal now.

Yup, he's their problem now.

I can't even call them the Bungles anymore. They do have the best uniforms in the league......

I have to go with Canada here.

All of the problems he has caused definitely diminish his accomplishments for his career.

He is, without a doubt, one of the most talented WRs I have ever wtched play. And a "decent career" is a stretch. But I certainly would not include him in a top ten, as the problems that he has caused for his teams has to be included in grading him against top WRs.

Having said all of that, if Haley were willing to bring him in, I would be ok with it.

Numbers. just look at the numbers. That is how I grade a career. With all of the BS that he has brought on himself and all the problems he has caused for the teams he has been on, he has been far more productive than he has been non productive for those teams.

I hate TO....

Really...HATE him.

I am after all a 49er fan.

However it is hard to deny the statistics he has put up.

He is #3 all time for Receiving yards (behind Rice and Bruce)

He is #3 all time for Receiving TDs (behind Rice and Moss)

He is #6 all time for receptions (behind Rice, Harrison, Carter, Brown and Bruce)

He is #10 all time for receiving yards per game played

The only stat that I could find where he wasn't in the top-10 for career stats was yards per catch where he has a very respectable 14.9 (for comparison, Jerry Rice was 14.8)...and the guys on top of that list are typically not your top WRs (only 2 of the top 20 are even hall of famers), they are your occasional deep threats, who can't be relied on for much else.

TO sadly is one of the top 5 WR talents alltime in this game. He has also squandered a lot of his potential legacy by being a complete jerk.
    Last edited by rbedgood; 07-29-2010 at 04:14 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast