Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: And the 1st pick for the 2011 NFL draft is...

Default And the 1st pick for the 2011 NFL draft is...

I know we are pretty far away and a million things could and will happen but scince im about to go crazy with the lack of news, lets try to predict and have some fun.

I say the chiefs will and should take a WR or a QB, if and ONLY if the Matt Cassel thingy goes sour.

Cheers and have a good week chief fans.

At a quick glance, I would like to see us take Malcolm Floyd from ND. He looks like a true #1 WR. I still think we'll be able to lock up some good lineman and LBs after the 1st round.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

We will not draft a qb. Cassel is signed long term. I would love to draft Julio Jones, but I think we go defense.

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious View Post
    We will not draft a qb. Cassel is signed long term. I would love to draft Julio Jones, but I think we go defense.
    He's signed long term but all the guaranteed money is all paid out at the end of this season, so they could get rid of him with no penalty.

Resident Celebrity

If we're picking high we probably didn't have good quarterback play, so I'd have my heart set on Locker, Luck or Ponder at this point. If Cassel shows up this season I'd be happy with Von Miller at OLB, Michael Floyd at WR (Weis product) or an OT. I don't think we'd have a shot at getting Quinn or Heyward, if we're picking that high I'm screaming QB or bust.

Thanks Aussie!

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    You're assuming that Cassel doesn't work out?

Actually I was assuming we needed a good backup ..... but competition is good and we wont have a super bowl team without it.

I was waiting to see someone mention Christian Ponder. He and Jake Locker are considered the two most NFL ready QB's in college. Living in Florida I see a lot of FSU games and this guy is good. However, I don't see us going for a QB early in the draft. Maybe late in the draft or next year.

I think we may go after o-line, d-line, or linebacker. Our o-line is still weak and getting kind of old. Vrabel might not have much left and if we can get a good middle linebacker and have him learn under Vrabel I think it could work. The d-line thing will happen if Dorsey doesn't work out this year.

Eh, I'm bored... a few on my watch list:

1) Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
    2) Travis Lewis, OLB, Oklahoma
    3) Von Miller, DE/OLB, Texas A&M

I'm going to wait to see how our team turns out this year before I worry about next years draft

I hope Cassel proves me wrong.I dont think he is the answer.Yes he went to the Pro bowl,and yes he had an o.k season.He choked at times when we needed him.It's not all his fualt at times.I seen him miss to many wide open recievers.He has no touch on his passes.He get alittle rattled under pressure.He would be a good backup.A lot better than Brodie but not the answer.He will have to do for now.We can't get a QB in the first round.We have to many voids to fill.With this ruff schedule we have in 2011 and we go 4-12.Then we go get are QB in Luck.I really hope Cassel makes fools out of us non believers.He has the drive to be a good QB just not sure if he has the talent.He will be are starter next season,so I will be rooting for him.He is a Kansas City Chief.

Quote Originally Posted by kckidd8870 View Post
    I hope Cassel proves me wrong.I dont think he is the answer.Yes he went to the Pro bowl,and yes he had an o.k season.He choked at times when we needed him.It's not all his fualt at times.I seen him miss to many wide open recievers.He has no touch on his passes.He get alittle rattled under pressure.He would be a good backup.A lot better than Brodie but not the answer.He will have to do for now.We can't get a QB in the first round.We have to many voids to fill.With this ruff schedule we have in 2011 and we go 4-12.Then we go get are QB in Luck.I really hope Cassel makes fools out of us non believers.He has the drive to be a good QB just not sure if he has the talent.He will be are starter next season,so I will be rooting for him.He is a Kansas City Chief.
    Yeah. His career QB Rating is only 3.7 points higher than that of John Elway and only two points better than Troy Aikman's.

And his TD/INT ratio is only at 1.83 whereas HOF Super Bowl studs like Elway and Aikman totaled 1.33 and 1.17. But then, nobody ever accused those guys of being any good either.

Clearly, he should be a backup.

The man can play NFL QB. And, as we improve the offense around him, I have little doubt that he will continue to prove it.
    Last edited by chief31; 02-07-2011 at 05:52 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast