Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: And the 1st pick for the 2011 NFL draft is...

Default And the 1st pick for the 2011 NFL draft is...

I know we are pretty far away and a million things could and will happen but scince im about to go crazy with the lack of news, lets try to predict and have some fun.

I say the chiefs will and should take a WR or a QB, if and ONLY if the Matt Cassel thingy goes sour.

Cheers and have a good week chief fans.

Quote Originally Posted by kckidd8870 View Post
    I hope Cassel proves me wrong.I dont think he is the answer.Yes he went to the Pro bowl,and yes he had an o.k season.He choked at times when we needed him.It's not all his fualt at times.I seen him miss to many wide open recievers.He has no touch on his passes.He get alittle rattled under pressure.He would be a good backup.A lot better than Brodie but not the answer.He will have to do for now.We can't get a QB in the first round.We have to many voids to fill.With this ruff schedule we have in 2011 and we go 4-12.Then we go get are QB in Luck.I really hope Cassel makes fools out of us non believers.He has the drive to be a good QB just not sure if he has the talent.He will be are starter next season,so I will be rooting for him.He is a Kansas City Chief.

I for one LOVED what I saw out of Matt Cassel this past season. He Made a HUGE jump from the 2009 season. If he can make half the jump he did from a year ago then he will be among the best in the NFL. I can't wait to see what he can do next season.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Yeah. His career QB Rating is only 3.7 points higher than that of John Elway and only two points better than Troy Aikman's.

And his TD/INT ratio is only at 1.83 whereas HOF Super Bowl studs like Elway and Aikman totaled 1.33 and 1.17. But then, nobody ever accused those guys of being any good either.

Clearly, he should be a backup.

The man can play NFL QB. And, as we improve the offense around him, I have little doubt that he will continue to prove it.
    100% agree. Matt Cassel did alot this past seaon with little. D bowe our best WR didn't even show up in some games and he still had a pretty good season. Get better talent around him and you will see a MUCH better QB.

In the first, I only see 3 possible positions being drafted - OT, NT, WR. So with that in mind...

Option 1: If by some miracle Julio is still on the board, he's the pick. I really don't see how Kiper, McShay, etc are all ranking AJ as a possible #1 overall but Julio all over the place. Anyone who followed SEC college ball knows AJ is perhaps the more fluid but Julio is much stronger and its a debate / toss up as to which is better. If AJ is the next Moss like some say, Julio could be the next Carter or TO ( minus the attitude, I hope ).

Option 2: Pending no Julio - which is probably wishful thinking more than anything else - I'd say OT, namely, Derek Sherrod. The guy performed well at Miss St. I honestly like him more than any of the other OTs but he is constantly rated behind 2-3 of them on most boards. I'm no Cassel fan, but no one is going to look too good without protection.

I really like the other thread where someone mocked Powel in the 2nd - this draft has value in rounds 2-3 for true NTs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanathol View Post
    In the first, I only see 3 possible positions being drafted - OT, NT, WR. So with that in mind...

Option 1: If by some miracle Julio is still on the board, he's the pick. I really don't see how Kiper, McShay, etc are all ranking AJ as a possible #1 overall but Julio all over the place. Anyone who followed SEC college ball knows AJ is perhaps the more fluid but Julio is much stronger and its a debate / toss up as to which is better. If AJ is the next Moss like some say, Julio could be the next Carter or TO ( minus the attitude, I hope ).

Option 2: Pending no Julio - which is probably wishful thinking more than anything else - I'd say OT, namely, Derek Sherrod. The guy performed well at Miss St. I honestly like him more than any of the other OTs but he is constantly rated behind 2-3 of them on most boards. I'm no Cassel fan, but no one is going to look too good without protection.

I really like the other thread where someone mocked Powel in the 2nd - this draft has value in rounds 2-3 for true NTs.
    I'd be happy with either of these guys. Some Chiefs fans say that they would be up in arms if the Chiefs took a Tackle like Sherrod, but what they fail to understand is that O-Lineman are skilled players ( at least the good ones ) and can't just be "guys off the street". And you're right about Cassel not looking good without protection -- Tom Brady doesn't look good without it either -- no QB does.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123